Current time: 04-25-2024, 07:37 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP 1.0.2 update to 1.0.3-1 database problem [SOLVED]
alectronic Offline

Exclamation ispCP 1.0.2 update to 1.0.3-1 database problem [SOLVED]
Hi,

i had an excellent running iscCP 1.0.2 before. I followed ALL instructions in /ispcp-omega-1.0.3/docs/Debian/INSTALL rgd. the update. INSTALLED all new dependencies with aptitude as desribed.

Running "perl ispcp-update" i receive:

ispCP database
Update ispCP database schema: [failed]

FATAL: An error was occured during update process!
Correct it and re-run this program.

Wow. Great. Looking into /tmp/ispcp-update-database.log i find:

Connection failed: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Yeah, sure.. I didn't do anything with or to the db since first install. So i read in these forums, that ispCP's crappy code might not handle passwords with special characters like "$". My db password was long, but without this character. I changed it into a very simple password with mysql and with /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-passwd.

Still, i receive that dumb error. Any ideas? Any other logfiles that could help?

Thank you

alectronic
SOLVED:

The /var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-db-passwd changed the password in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf

However, the /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/ispcp-update OVERWRITES this new information with the info from ispcp.old.conf everytime it is run.

So be aware to change the DATABASE_PASSWORD value MANUALLY ALSO in ispcp.old.conf with the information from ispcp.conf.

Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 06:59 PM by alectronic.)
01-23-2010 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: ispCP 1.0.2 update to 1.0.3-1 database problem [SOLVED]
Hello ;

Thank you for your feedback, I'll add trigger for this case in the new update script.
01-25-2010 12:28 AM
Quote this message in a reply