Current time: 04-21-2024, 02:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Early days :)
Lantizia Offline

Early days :)
Hey,

I'm testing out ispCP OMEGA 1.0.3 on a Debian Lenny OpenVZ container and it's installed every so smoothly however I've got a few niggling questions...

1) Would it matter if the admin domain sits on the same as the servers hostname? (i.e. use server.company.com for both instead of also having an admin.server.company.com) as having 2 domains only for server (and non-web site hosting use) seems a little nuts.

2) Is it OK to let it auto generate the passwords for pma & vftp (phpmyadmin & ftp) as I'm assuming these wouldn't be used by users or even admins as they are internal passwords only used by the control panel?

3) If I've chosen 'no' to AWstats in the setup, can it be turned on somewhere inside the control panel... and if it can be - would it "turn it on" just as much as it would have if I'd have selected it from the beginning?

Thanks!

Steven
01-29-2010 01:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Early days :)
Quote:1) Would it matter if the admin domain sits on the same as the servers hostname? (i.e. use server.company.com for both instead of also having an admin.server.company.com) as having 2 domains only for server (and non-web site hosting use) seems a little nuts.
It doesn't matter... I run it this way Smile

Quote:2) Is it OK to let it auto generate the passwords for pma & vftp (phpmyadmin & ftp) as I'm assuming these wouldn't be used by users or even admins as they are internal passwords only used by the control panel?

You're right

Quote:3) If I've chosen 'no' to AWstats in the setup, can it be turned on somewhere inside the control panel... and if it can be - would it "turn it on" just as much as it would have if I'd have selected it from the beginning?
It can not be activated from inside the panel. You might try enabling it in the configuration file and launching the update script to regenerate the base configurations, but I'm not sure if it will work. I'm afraid that installing it right from the beggining is the way to go here.

Oh, and I forgot to welcome you! Wink
01-29-2010 02:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Lantizia Offline

Thanks for the answers (so quickly!) and thanks for the welcome!

I come from a Debian / SysCP world really... but wanted a no fuss set up that would be quick to do and without all the manual configuring of SysCP. Since ispCP nearly all the same daemons that SysCP recommends anyway it made sense to try it Smile
Hmm...

Am I after dynamic mode AWStats or static mode? Is there some documentation that specifically talks about the advantages of either or what they mean? I'm on the AWStats site now trying to find out - but perhaps it's alluding me.
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2010 03:17 AM by Lantizia.)
01-29-2010 02:45 AM
Lantizia Offline

Nevermind I found a thread elsewhere describing what the difference was... You can close this thread now.
01-29-2010 07:58 PM
Thread Closed