Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:10 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Migrating Existing Websites into ispCP
RoyalPain Offline

Migrating Existing Websites into ispCP
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please be gentle Smile

My webserver is Ubuntu 9.10, loaded with LAMP and working websites, housed under /var/www

I wanted remote control of my server, so installed the most recent stable version of ispCP. The admin/reseller/client interfaces work fine, but I can't seem to 'link' my existing websites for control by ispCP. documentroot is pointing to /var/www.

So, a subdomain called test (/var/www/test) has been reached in the past with LAMP by mydomain.com/test. Now of course, I get an error 404 /test not found on mydomain.com.

I have several top-level domains, 2 from godaddy, each of which is being redirected to 1 dynamic dns domain from dyndns.com. I'm using the nameservers from dyndns.com and all are being directed to my webserver accordingly.

Trying to resolve this before coming to you good folks, I've added a reseller, then a user, then a subdomain and an alias. So test.example.com exists as an alias to example.com with the directory path being /test. I've also had the directory path set to /var/www/test, both to no avail.

I was hoping to be able to work with my websites totally through the provided ispCP guis while away from my server, but I'm missing something.

Help for a ispCP newbie?

Thanks Dennis (aka RoyalPain)
01-29-2010 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Migrating Existing Websites into ispCP
Ispcp is supposed to be installed on a clean system and take full control of it. I'm afraid that the only way to get your previous websites up & running within ispcp is to relocate them to the ispcp-defined locations.

For instance, to re-enable your "test.domain.tld" subdomain that you previously had in "/var/www/test", you should:

1. Add the "domain.tld" domain in ispcp
2. Add a subdomain "test" in ispcp, accept the default "/test" location.
3. Move the files from your previous location: "mv /var/www/test/* /var/www/virtual/domain.tld/test/htdocs/"
4. Correct the files' permissions (chown -R vuXXXX:vuXXXX /var/www/virtual/domain.tld/test/htdocs/*), where vuXXXX corresponds to the owner of /var/www/virtual/domain.tld
5. Make sure to remove any /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.domain.tld that you may have previously created. The ispcp-generated /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ispcp.conf will take care of setting up the correct virtualhost.
01-29-2010 02:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoyalPain Offline

RE: Migrating Existing Websites into ispCP
Excellent Kilburn!

This is exactly the info I was seeking. I'm away from my server but will give that a shot this evening.

Thank! Dennis
01-29-2010 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply