Current time: 04-24-2024, 06:44 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

This PHP script has been encoded using the excellent eAccelerator Optimizer
NIIcK Offline

This PHP script has been encoded using the excellent eAccelerator Optimizer
Hello,

I have installed eAccelerator, added the:

Code:
; eAccelerator configuration
; Note that eAccelerator may also be installed as a PHP extension or as a zend_extension
; If you are using a thread safe build of PHP you must use
; zend_extension_ts instead of zend_extension
;extension                       = "/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/eaccelerator.so"
zend_extension                  = "/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/eaccelerator.so"
eaccelerator.shm_size           = "16"
eaccelerator.cache_dir          = "/var/cache/eaccelerator"
eaccelerator.enable             = "1"
eaccelerator.optimizer          = "1"
eaccelerator.check_mtime        = "1"
eaccelerator.debug              = "0"
eaccelerator.filter             = ""
eaccelerator.shm_max            = "0"
eaccelerator.shm_ttl            = "0"
eaccelerator.shm_prune_period   = "0"
eaccelerator.shm_only           = "0"
eaccelerator.compress           = "1"
eaccelerator.compress_level     = "9"
eaccelerator.allowed_admin_path = "/var/www/eaccelerator"

lines to /var/www/fcgi/domain.com/php5/php.ini and restarted apache2 but eAccelerator is not enabled.

I've even added the above lines to /var/www/fcgi/master/php5/php.ini but it doesn't get picked up (besides the fact that phpinfo() is disabled by default on the entire server).

Where do I have to add the lines to enable it?

Thank you,

Nick
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2010 06:22 AM by NIIcK.)
01-30-2010 06:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: This PHP script has been encoded using the excellent eAccelerator Optimizer
Your method seems ok to me... You should see some errors in either /var/log/apache2/users/default-error.log or /var/log/apache2/domain.tld-error.log ... let's see if this somehow helps. Anyway, you can enable phpinfo by modifying the "disabled_functions" directive Wink
01-30-2010 11:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIIcK Offline

(01-30-2010 11:48 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Your method seems ok to me... You should see some errors in either /var/log/apache2/users/default-error.log or /var/log/apache2/domain.tld-error.log ... let's see if this somehow helps. Anyway, you can enable phpinfo by modifying the "disabled_functions" directive Wink

I have removed the path to eaccelerator.so (leaving only eaccelerator.so) as I had an error with the path (PHP was actually adding it by itself so I'm guessing upon installing eaccelerator gets added to the path).

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs//usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/eaccelerator.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs//usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/eaccelerator.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

I don't have the path error anymore but it still says it is not installed though I have the following in the error log:
Code:
[Sat Jan 30 11:11:00 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: call /var/www/virtual/selfnet.org/htdocs/control.php with wrapper /var/www/fcgi/selfnet.org/php5-fcgi-starter

Any ideas?

Nick

P.S. Where can I find the disabled_functions directive?
01-30-2010 07:13 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:I don't have the path error anymore but it still says it is not installed though I have the following in the error log:
Code:
[Sat Jan 30 11:11:00 2010] [notice] mod_fcgid: call /var/www/virtual/selfnet.org/htdocs/control.php with wrapper /var/www/fcgi/selfnet.org/php5-fcgi-starter
This is normal, mod_fcgid shows a notice each time it spawns/kills a php interpreter. No problem with that Smile

Quote:P.S. Where can I find the disabled_functions directive?
Sorry for the typo, the directive is called "disable_functions", and you can find it the very same php.ini file.

Anyway, if you want to install it for *all* the websites you should place it in a special eaccelerator.ini inside /etc/php5/conf.d (see the other files that are already there). Debian's php is compiled so any files in this directory are automatically included on startup.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2010 08:25 PM by kilburn.)
01-30-2010 08:24 PM
NIIcK Offline

(01-30-2010 08:24 PM)kilburn Wrote:  
Quote:I don't have the path error anymore but it still says it is not installed though I have the following in the error log:
Code:
This is normal, mod_fcgid shows a notice each time it spawns/kills a php interpreter. No problem with that Smile

Quote:P.S. Where can I find the disabled_functions directive?
Sorry for the typo, the directive is called "disable_functions", and you can find it the very same php.ini file.

Anyway, if you want to install it for *all* the websites you should place it in a special eaccelerator.ini inside /etc/php5/conf.d (see the other files that are already there). Debian's php is compiled so any files in this directory are automatically included on startup.

Adding it as separate .ini file in /etc/php5/conf.d seemed to have done the trick.

Thanks killburn!

nick
01-31-2010 01:01 AM