Current time: 04-20-2024, 01:44 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Firewall rules
NIIcK Offline

Firewall rules
Hello again Smile ,

Just a quick one.

How do I add firewall rules that will last after a system reboot or shut down?

As far as I can tell by looking at the /etc/init.d/ispcp_network all rules in /etc/default/iptables-rules get overwritten by the ones in the ispcp_network when restarting the server.

Disabling the script will not be (I guess) a good idea since ispCP will not pick up the traffic anymore. Am I right?

Thank you,

Nick
01-31-2010 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIIcK Offline

RE: Firewall rules
(01-31-2010 06:53 PM)NIIcK Wrote:  Hello again Smile ,

Just a quick one.

How do I add firewall rules that will last after a system reboot or shut down?

As far as I can tell by looking at the /etc/init.d/ispcp_network all rules in /etc/default/iptables-rules get overwritten by the ones in the ispcp_network when restarting the server.

Disabling the script will not be (I guess) a good idea since ispCP will not pick up the traffic anymore. Am I right?

Thank you,

Nick

No answer on this one? Sad
***bump***
***bump***
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 11:01 PM by NIIcK.)
02-02-2010 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scysys Offline

Firewall ?

The iptables rules are only for the "counter" of the traffics ... no firewall (accept / drop) by default.
02-03-2010 12:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:As far as I can tell by looking at the /etc/init.d/ispcp_network all rules in /etc/default/iptables-rules get overwritten by the ones in the ispcp_network when restarting the server.

Look harder Tongue Ispcp only adds two new chains that just count traffic, without touching any other rules/chaines already there. Even if you "/etc/init.d/ispcp_network restart", it only removes the old rules and regenerates them without touching anything else.

Therefore, you can use your own firewall/rules... just make sure to call "/etc/init.d/ispcp_network restart" after modifying any rules in your firewall and you'll be fine.

PS: I don't know about others, but I tend to ignore posts which are **bumped**
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 04:49 AM by kilburn.)
02-03-2010 04:49 AM