Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Replace fastcgi with fcgid
danvanbass Offline

Replace fastcgi with fcgid
Hi Everybody,

I need help replacing fastcgi with fcgid. I'm running RC4 and updating no option, because I have to many custom changes, I have to build a new Server and then migrate. But I have productive customers on the server and the number of Internal 500 errors are increasing! Can anybody please outline the steps for me so I don't forget anything? That would be great!

Grateful for any help!

cheers,

Dan
02-01-2010 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Replace fastcgi with fcgid
fcgid doesn't work that great on etch, so are you running lenny? If you are, then firstly tweak fcgid's settings as explained in this thread. Finally, run:
Code:
a2dismod fastcgi_ispcp
a2enmod fcgid_ispcp
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And that's it...
02-03-2010 04:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
danvanbass Offline

RE: Replace fastcgi with fcgid
Hi kilburn,

(02-03-2010 04:35 AM)kilburn Wrote:  fcgid doesn't work that great on etch, so are you running lenny? If you are, then firstly tweak fcgid's settings as explained in this thread. Finally, run:
Code:
a2dismod fastcgi_ispcp
a2enmod fcgid_ispcp
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And that's it...

Thx for your reply! That's just what I tried before writing this post (yes I'm running lenny Smile ), but without success. I was missing all the fcgid configuration in the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ files... I then decided to take the chance and did an upgrade to ispcp 1.0.2 (on productive system, crazy me) and fortunately was successful before sunrise (accept for some minor issues).

Well thx to the upgrade I got rid of all my internal sever 500 errors and the server is running nice and stable. The best part is that performance is tons better!!

cheers,

Dan
02-04-2010 01:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply