Current time: 05-04-2024, 02:06 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A lot of 500 error with wordpress
APOCALIPSIS Offline

A lot of 500 error with wordpress
ISPCP 1.0 rc7

Operating System : Linux (32 Bit)
Server : Apache
Memory usage : 22.36 MByte
MYSQL Version : 5.0.32-Debian_7etch8-log
SQL Mode : Not set
PHP Version : 5.2.0-8+etch13
PHP Safe Mode : Off
PHP Allow URL fopen : On
PHP Memory Limit : 128M
PHP Max Upload Size : 2M
PHP Max Post Size : 8M
PHP Output Buffer Size : N/A
PHP Max Script Execute Time : 30s
PHP Exif support : Yes ( V1.4 )
PHP IPTC support : Yes
PHP XML support : Yes

And the error log:
mod_fcgid: process /var/www/virtual/argiaikastola.com/htdocs/cast/wp-admin/admin.php(18670) exit(lifetime expired), terminated by calling exit(), return code: 0

I have changed several parameters of the configuration of fcgid (to increase timeots time), and now i have no error 500... but the load of site is veeeeeeeeeeery slooooooooooow (but when loaded the navigation is very very fast for a time, then again slow), the trouble is not the server (has several websites even with wordpress (older versions) and all is ok...
I have tried wordpress 2.86, 2.90 and 2.91 (all the same trouble)
I have one site with wordpress 2.71 without trouble...
02-02-2010 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: A lot of 500 error with wordpress
Two suggestions:

1. Upgrade to lenny, whose mod_fcgid version is much more stable
2. Try to refine why is going so slow. Which processes are running while the server slows down? Is it an I/O or a CPU issue? etc...
02-02-2010 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
APOCALIPSIS Offline

(02-02-2010 07:02 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Two suggestions:

2. Try to refine why is going so slow. Which processes are running while the server slows down? Is it an I/O or a CPU issue? etc...

I love this forum... fast responses...

I am going to upgrade to lenny (and to upgrade to latest ispcp)... a new install, all new...This is a challenge for me ... and will find to the source.

I have delete the user, and create one again... and i think the slows down is not i/o, cpu perhaps... but i think no, because i can access other sites without problems... i am going to make some testing and will inform...
I have modified the .htaccess file (as said into some blogs) with this lines...

Options All -Indexes
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

And now... the server or open the php file as text (chrome) or send me the php file (as a .php file to download it...)

(02-02-2010 07:19 PM)APOCALIPSIS Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 07:02 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Two suggestions:

I love this forum... fast responses...

I am going to upgrade to lenny (and to upgrade to latest ispcp)... a new install, all new...This is a challenge for me ... and will find to the source.

I have delete the user, and create one again... and i think the slows down is not i/o, cpu perhaps... but i think no, because i can access other sites without problems... i am going to make some testing and will inform...
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2010 07:43 PM by APOCALIPSIS.)
02-02-2010 07:19 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:Options All -Indexes
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

This is 1and1 specific stuff. Non-sense in ispcp.

Quote:I am going to upgrade to lenny (and to upgrade to latest ispcp)... a new install, all new...This is a challenge for me ... and will find to the source.

I have delete the user, and create one again... and i think the slows down is not i/o, cpu perhaps... but i think no, because i can access other sites without problems... i am going to make some testing and will inform..

If you're boldly determined to find the source of these slowdowns, you can try "stracing" the php5-cgi files of the affected website to see exactly what are they doing which may be slowing the website so much. Obviously, you need some advanced skills to properly conduct and interpret the traces though (they're quite scary Tongue)
02-02-2010 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
APOCALIPSIS Offline

Finally... ispcp 1.03 and lenny... seems not trouble (no... dont think i have installed lenny and ispcp so fast... my server is in a virtual machine into proxmox ve, and when i have to make changes (big changes...) i have a vmware machine with proxmox, so i can create the vz machine in it... test it... and finally upload full installation; and i had a vz machine with lenny and ispcp installed... this machine is what we will use finally... if all test are ok.

Another question, i am going to create all the users manually (i know i will loss ftp users... i will have to create sql databases etc... but there are only 15 users (web sites), so i can do it easy (some hours of job... )... the question....

¿How can restore the awstat database from the other server manually??

P.D: I admit ... I am a coward and do not dare to discover the cause of the problem

(02-02-2010 08:10 PM)kilburn Wrote:  
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Quote:I am going to upgrade to lenny (and to upgrade to latest ispcp)... a new install, all new...This is a challenge for me ... and will find to the source.

I have delete the user, and create one again... and i think the slows down is not i/o, cpu perhaps... but i think no, because i can access other sites without problems... i am going to make some testing and will inform..

If you're boldly determined to find the source of these slowdowns, you can try "stracing" the php5-cgi files of the affected website to see exactly what are they doing which may be slowing the website so much. Obviously, you need some advanced skills to properly conduct and interpret the traces though (they're quite scary Tongue)
02-02-2010 10:43 PM
peman Offline
Banned

We have the exact same problem. when clicking a link in Wordpress, it times out and after a while it gives me 500 Internal Server Error. But if i hit F5 and reload the site then it works. Sometimes it also works to hit the link on a page in Wordpress two times. That is when you notice its going slow, hit the link again and then it works.

Any ideas?

ispCP 1.0.0 OMEGA
build: 20090225
04-03-2010 09:56 AM
APOCALIPSIS Offline

Update to lenny and try...

(02-02-2010 10:43 PM)APOCALIPSIS Wrote:  Finally... ispcp 1.03 and lenny... seems not trouble (no... dont think i have installed lenny and ispcp so fast... my server is in a virtual machine into proxmox ve, and when i have to make changes (big changes...) i have a vmware machine with proxmox, so i can create the vz machine in it... test it... and finally upload full installation; and i had a vz machine with lenny and ispcp installed... this machine is what we will use finally... if all test are ok.

Another question, i am going to create all the users manually (i know i will loss ftp users... i will have to create sql databases etc... but there are only 15 users (web sites), so i can do it easy (some hours of job... )... the question....

¿How can restore the awstat database from the other server manually??

P.D: I admit ... I am a coward and do not dare to discover the cause of the problem

(02-02-2010 08:10 PM)kilburn Wrote:  
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

04-03-2010 07:01 PM
peman Offline
Banned

When you updated to Lenny from Etch, did you have any other problems with ispcp or any other programs like imagemagic, if you have that, ofcourse?
04-09-2010 01:48 AM
APOCALIPSIS Offline

Yes... i had troubles (but i later read how to solve it...) anyway... finally as my server is virtualized (proxmox) and i have several ips to use ... I did another vmachine with lenny... and will move all the websites slowly (a pair each week or so) (so we can test without troubles).

For now i have no troubles with lenny and wordpress.

(04-09-2010 01:48 AM)peman Wrote:  When you updated to Lenny from Etch, did you have any other problems with ispcp or any other programs like imagemagic, if you have that, ofcourse?
04-09-2010 01:57 AM