Current time: 04-19-2024, 08:23 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

manually created DNS records being overwritten with template ones
kingxerxes Offline

manually created DNS records being overwritten with template ones
hi there,
I have installed webmin on my ispCP box so that i can manually modify MX records for some domains as mail for these domains needs to go to a different server. i have also manually created some A records for these domains.

the problem is that whenever i create a subdomain through the control panel, all the changes i make are lost as the default domain template is reloaded.

is there a way to stop the template being reloaded every time, and if not - is there another way to create and modify these records?

i am running version:

ispCP 1.0.2 OMEGA
build: 20090821
Codename: Priamos

thanks a lot!
02-02-2010 11:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: manually created DNS records being overwritten with template ones
Quote:is there a way to stop the template being reloaded every time, and if not - is there another way to create and modify these records?

You have to copy the files from /var/cache/bind/domain.tld.db to /etc/ispcp/bind/working/domain.tld.db (for each "domain" in your server). Remember to re-copy after modifying the zones through webmin.

Alternatively, you could try to hard link the files. I'm not sure if this will work without any drawbacks though...
02-03-2010 04:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply