Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:53 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
NIIcK Offline

setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
Hi,

I have this error on one of the domains:

Code:
setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file '/home/hosting/mail/virtual/domain.com' !

(I've installed the mail store in /home/hosting/).

The directory /home/hosting/mail/virtual/domain.com is owned by vmail:mail as all other foders there.

How can I fix it please?

Thank you,

Nick
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 10:33 PM by NIIcK.)
02-03-2010 10:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
Where do you get this error? I mean... running which action/program/script? Does it have the inmutable flag set? Is it a read-only partition?
02-04-2010 01:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIIcK Offline

RE: setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file /home/hosting/mail/virtual/
(02-04-2010 01:04 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Where do you get this error? I mean... running which action/program/script? Does it have the inmutable flag set? Is it a read-only partition?

I see this upon clicking on "Details" (admin/domain_details.php?domain_id=2) in the admin interface, on the "Status" section.

The partition is not read only (-rw------- for the files and drwx------ for the domain.com folder itself). I can write in any of the mails manually and save them.

Code:
Domain name    domain.com
    Domain IP    ip (domain.com)
    Status    setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file '/home/hosting/mail/virtual/domain.com' !
    PHP support    Enabled
    CGI support    Enabled
    Manual DNS support (EXPERIMENTAL)    Enabled
    MySQL support    Enabled

but domain.com is a folder not a file.

Otherwise the domain is working fine, all ftp users can connect, it can receive mails (so the system can write to /home/hosting/virtual/mail/domain.com), all sites are functioning properly. It is just the admin interface that shows that error, it does not allow me to switch to that domain and it has a stopped sign in front of it.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 04:34 AM by NIIcK.)
02-04-2010 04:25 AM
NIIcK Offline

(02-04-2010 04:25 AM)NIIcK Wrote:  
(02-04-2010 01:04 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Where do you get this error? I mean... running which action/program/script? Does it have the inmutable flag set? Is it a read-only partition?

I see this upon clicking on "Details" (admin/domain_details.php?domain_id=2) in the admin interface, on the "Status" section.

The partition is not read only (-rw------- for the files and drwx------ for the domain.com folder itself). I can write in any of the mails manually and save them.

Code:
Domain name    domain.com
    Domain IP    ip (domain.com)
    Status    setfmode() | ERROR: cannot change permissions of file '/home/hosting/mail/virtual/domain.com' !
    PHP support    Enabled
    CGI support    Enabled
    Manual DNS support (EXPERIMENTAL)    Enabled
    MySQL support    Enabled

but domain.com is a folder not a file.

Otherwise the domain is working fine, all ftp users can connect, it can receive mails (so the system can write to /home/hosting/virtual/mail/domain.com), all sites are functioning properly. It is just the admin interface that shows that error, it does not allow me to switch to that domain and it has a stopped sign in front of it.

Solved the issue. Went into System Tools/ispCP debugger and clicked on the "change" link for this error. The system must have fixed the issue itself (I would like to know what it did though Smile )

Nick
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 05:27 AM by NIIcK.)
02-04-2010 05:27 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

I don't think that it has actually *solved* anything. For some weird unknown reason, this chmod operation failed when ispcp was creating the user, so it stopped there and reported an error. Then, it remained in this state until you explicitly told it to retry the operation (that's what "change" does). Thus, ispcp retried it and succeeded this time, going on with the rest of the process and reporting a succesful operation.

About the reason why it failed the first time: I think we'll never discover it (it's basically unreproducible).
02-04-2010 07:37 AM
NIIcK Offline

(02-04-2010 07:37 AM)kilburn Wrote:  I don't think that it has actually *solved* anything. For some weird unknown reason, this chmod operation failed when ispcp was creating the user, so it stopped there and reported an error. Then, it remained in this state until you explicitly told it to retry the operation (that's what "change" does). Thus, ispcp retried it and succeeded this time, going on with the rest of the process and reporting a succesful operation.

About the reason why it failed the first time: I think we'll never discover it (it's basically unreproducible).

The user was created a while ago. The domain I was getting this error for was the first domain created after installing ispCP but after like a month it gave me this error.

I like the fact that the system does not simply crash ... it has scripts to fix several issues such as wrong permissions and so on.
02-04-2010 07:40 AM