Current time: 04-27-2024, 03:17 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Content management systems
NIIcK Offline

Content management systems
I was searching the forum but I couldn't find anything about this.

Is there a proper way to integrate a CMS into ISPCP or should we wait for future releases?

Thank you,

Nick
02-18-2010 05:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Content management systems
CMS and ispcp serve totally different purposes. What do you mean exactly by "integrating" them?
02-18-2010 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

I don't think, that there are future Plans to Integrate an Frontend like a CMS for ispCP. Maybe some User of the Community can realize a Frontend Smile

I would be glad to have one Wink
02-18-2010 09:33 AM
NIIcK Offline

(02-18-2010 09:33 AM)gOOvER Wrote:  I don't think, that there are future Plans to Integrate an Frontend like a CMS for ispCP. Maybe some User of the Community can realize a Frontend Smile

I would be glad to have one Wink

Exactly the above kilburn Smile

I would also love to have a frontend CMS for customers!
On a later note but still related to ispCP functionality, is it possible to include SSH access in hosting plans?
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 07:49 PM by NIIcK.)
02-19-2010 07:45 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

CMS: this may be a part of the package installer... so the customers may be able to install eg. TYPO3 or joomla etc into their home folder on the ispcp webserver.
There are some starts to do this, but in my eyes it takes a long time to have this integrated in ispcp (security, flexibility, maintainers for packages etc).

SSH: you need to solve the problem of security - but you can change the code so th vu2xxx users get a valid shell in /etc/passwd so they can login via SSH - or you need a ssh server which looks up in the database... - its open source, it's possible...

/J
02-19-2010 08:48 PM
JCannon Offline

(02-19-2010 08:48 PM)joximu Wrote:  CMS: this may be a part of the package installer... so the customers may be able to install eg. TYPO3 or joomla etc into their home folder on the ispcp webserver.
There are some starts to do this, but in my eyes it takes a long time to have this integrated in ispcp (security, flexibility, maintainers for packages etc).

SSH: you need to solve the problem of security - but you can change the code so th vu2xxx users get a valid shell in /etc/passwd so they can login via SSH - or you need a ssh server which looks up in the database... - its open source, it's possible...

/J

I would be very interested in some help with this as well. I have been working on Joomla Modules, and maybe eventually a component to control various portions of ISPCP. My development is in the early stages. But if anyone is interested in helping, I would welcome it.
04-22-2010 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply