Current time: 05-04-2024, 04:10 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

subdomain.domain.tld aliasdomain doesn't workl if another users main domain is domain
nils Offline

subdomain.domain.tld aliasdomain doesn't workl if another users main domain is domain
Hi, i posted this already in the Tracker, but i don't understand why this is not a bug, for me it's a very strage behavoiur:
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/ticket/2257
03-09-2010 01:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: subdomain.domain.tld aliasdomain doesn't workl if another users main domain is domain
Normally it's not a problem to do this:

- add a user with domain dom.tld
(we have dom.tld, http://www.dom.tld and *.dom.tld in the apache config)
- the user adds a subdomain sub.dom.tld
(we have sub.dom.tld, http://www.subdom.tld and *.sub.dom.tld in the config too)

as long as the two virtualhost entries are in the correct order - there is no problem.

There should be no problems with alias domains since they have another domain name.

You can do a manual correction: put the corrected ServerAlias line in the include file (etc/apache2/ispcp/dom.tld.conf)

/Joxi
03-09-2010 02:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nils Offline

RE: subdomain.domain.tld aliasdomain doesn't workl if another users main domain is domain
OK, when one user owns both the domain an the subdomain, but in my case user A owns the main domain.tld, and user B has a subdomain of the main domain as an alias, what doesn't work.
In another test, user B gets exactly the same subdomain as his main domain, an that works!
Sure this is not an bug??
03-09-2010 11:29 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello ;

Sorry sir but concerning this ticket, the final decision hasn't yet been taken. Our team will inspect this issue.

Kilburn work on it.

Best Regards ;
03-10-2010 12:23 AM
Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

I'm still not sure about the further implications of removing the wildcard ServerAlias entry. Therefore, I would recommend to just leave this bug in 1.0.5 and commit the patches to trunk so they're properly tested before entering any release.

Leaving the bug in the 1.0.5 release is not that painful at all because users *really* needing the functionality con modify the templates in their own servers.
03-10-2010 12:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nils Offline

A script which fixes the issue by removing *. entries in the vhosts.d/ispcp.conf file would be
Code:
sed -i 's#\ \*\.##' /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/ispcp.conf; rcapache2 reload
Is there a file to put scripts like this to be executed after the ispcp.conf has been written?
03-10-2010 05:20 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

No need to manually replace things. Just edit the template found in /etc/ispcp/apache/parts (I don't remember the exact file name now, but it's in there and shouldn't be difficult to find). Thereafter, you just have to:
Code:
# cp /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf /etc/ispcp/ispcp.old.conf
# cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup
# perl ispcp-update

And your apache configurations will be regenerated without the wildcard entries. Additionally, no wildcard entries will be added to newly added domains.
03-10-2010 08:26 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

+100 Kilburn. It's the difference between the proper and dirty work. Big Grin
03-13-2010 10:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply