Current time: 05-02-2024, 10:52 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Permission problems after applying fix
djtech Offline

Exclamation Permission problems after applying fix
I followed all steps on a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 and applied the permission fix (ticket 2247) and was finally able to install ispCP Omega. However, I found that all permissions under /var/www were root:root and I could not access anything in the browser. I ran chown -R www-data:root to the /var/www directory and now I can finally see the under maintenance page with the logo, but there are a bunch of errors at the top of the page and I cannot get any further. The errors are:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/sess_Ypnt9AU5Xd0mYMWCpp0baRfMLQ8, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 43

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:43) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 43

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php:43) in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 43

Any ideas?
03-12-2010 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Permission problems after applying fix
Did the ispcp-setup finish correctly? I guess that there was some error in there, and the installation did not finish properly. You can adjust the system's permissions by running both /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/set-gui-permissions.sh adn /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/set-engine-permissions.sh (the names are pretty self-explanatory). Please share any further problems you experience (after running the aforementioned scripts) so that we can further improve the software on furture versions.

Last, but not least, welcome to the IspCp project! Big Grin
03-12-2010 03:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djtech Offline

Thanks! I ran the 2 permission scripts and then re-ran the setup and now it appears ok and I can log in. I did, however notice an error that ispcp_fastcgi does not exists. Where can I obtain the fastcgi? I tried aptitude, but could not find it.

Thanks again!
03-16-2010 03:00 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

it's in the non-free department... :-)

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libapache2-mod-fastcgi

/J
03-17-2010 12:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
treuben Offline

(03-12-2010 03:55 PM)kilburn Wrote:  Did the ispcp-setup finish correctly? I guess that there was some error in there, and the installation did not finish properly. You can adjust the system's permissions by running both /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/set-gui-permissions.sh adn /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/set-engine-permissions.sh (the names are pretty self-explanatory). Please share any further problems you experience (after running the aforementioned scripts) so that we can further improve the software on furture versions.

Last, but not least, welcome to the IspCp project! Big Grin

I am on centos (centos-5-x86_64) php 5.2.10 and after running these scripts I get a blank white screen upon initial admin login. I get:

PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/) in Unknown on line 0, referer:

and

PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php on line 67, referer: etc in the httpd logs

I can restore functionality by chmod 777 the /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp/ and
chmod 444 /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php
also if I chmod 440 /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php it stays at the white screen.

Since I am guessing that chmod 444 isn't a good idea for this file, can you suggest another work around?
03-28-2010 11:24 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Can you post the output of "phpinfo()"?
03-29-2010 02:06 AM