Current time: 07-04-2024, 03:42 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

disable mail handling for one or more domains
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: disable mail handling for one or more domains
motin Wrote:Thanks, but I ran into several other problems when trying to configure bind. They are now solved.

I had chrooted bind into /var/lib/named/ but the configuration files were put in /var/cache/bind/ instead of the chrooted location.

/var/lib/named is like in openSuSE, but Debian has /var/cache/bind (I also had to learn this :-).
But you can configure ispcp to put the files elsewhere...
/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf - I made an extra file for the ispcp-domains and then "included" in named.conf - a named reload copied the file into the chroot... (in openSuSE)

motin Wrote:To sum my trial and errors experience up, this is what was needed:
Code:
chown bind /var/cache/bind/*
cp /var/cache/bind /var/lib/named/var/cache/ -r
rm /var/cache/bind/ -r
ln -s /var/lib/named/var/cache/bind/ /var/cache/
chown bind /etc/ispcp/bind/working/* # I guess...

Last line, hm...
ispcp itself writes the "working" files... so there is no need for seetting to user "bind"...

motin Wrote:Some error messages from /var/log/syslog I encountered on the way (to help googlers):
Code:
# originally:
Sep  5 22:12:50 ubuntu103 named[32479]: zone mydomain.net/IN: loading master file /var/cache/bind/mydomain.net.db: file not found
# this was when I symlinked the wrong way (out from chroot jail which is forbidden):
Sep  5 22:38:45 ubuntu103 named[515]: zone mydomain.net/IN: loading master file /var/cache/bind/mydomain.net.db: invalid file
# ...it should look like:
Sep  5 22:48:09 ubuntu103 named[645]: zone mydomain.net/IN: loaded serial 2007090500

Now the mails are delivered through my external mail server.

Thanks for all the bright guidance, joximu!

Your welcome :-)
thanx for the reputation <g>
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2007 04:41 PM by joximu.)
09-06-2007 04:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread