Current time: 10-05-2024, 10:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation
bluetxxth Offline

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation
sci2tech Wrote:After install you must restart bind and apache services at least. A reboot can do the trick. Check that mod_fcgid is not enabled if using fastcgi and please check/update your php version (5.2.0 is known that do not work well with fastcgi). Also if your domain (admin.host.domain.net) do not resolve locally consider adding 127.0.0.1 to resolv.conf).
Quote:sh: /usr/sbin/postmap: not found
sh: /usr/bin/newaliases: not found
Still missing some package.Do not know witch because I do not use Ubuntu. Check please and if you found please post here. Is postfix installed? Check INSTALL doc for your distro what are the package you need

Hi sci2tech,

I have been looking I found out what was definitely missing was php5-cgi as per the error exec:

'13: /usr/bin/php5-cgi: not found' - found at the apache error log. When I installed php5-cgi I revisited the apache2 error log and I saw that everything seemed to work:

[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] FastCGI: wrapper mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 6666)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [warn] FastCGI: server "/var/www/fcgi/master/php5-fcgi-starter" (uid 2000, gid 2000) started (pid 6667)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Aug 24 20:40:27 2008] [notice] caught SIGWINCH, shutting down gracefully
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] FastCGI: wrapper mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 5761)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

Postfix is installed and I restarted both the apache2 and bind9 services.
In addition to this I also proceeded adding 127.0.0.1 to resolv.conf and I made sure that php5 is updated to the latest version (currently using version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3) and mod_fcgid is not running. I made a fresh install of unbuntu and then I reinstalled all from scratch.... I got no errors this time with the exception of a message telling me: 'Module php4 does not exist!' As I understand ispcp will use php5 on mys system instead so this should not be a problem.

Installing php5-cgi fixed the the install errors. However I am still unable to enter the control panel through the browser. Notice than although ispcp is located in its own container folder (var/www/ispcp/) if I type 192.168.0.10 which is the server where it is installed then I get this other error directly on the browser:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Database error: Not connected to default' in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/class.database.php:21 Stack trace: #0

/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/i18n.php(66): Database::getInstance() #1
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/system-message.php(49): tr('ispCP Error') #2
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-config.php(62): system_message('ERROR: The php-...') #3
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/sql.php(26): decrypt_db_password('82csBUd8So4=') #4
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php(54): require_once('/var/www/ispcp/...') #5
/var/www/ispcp/gui/index.php(21): require('/var/www/ispcp/...') #6 {main} thrown in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/class.database.php on line 21

Here I paste the new install log where, as far as I can tell, there are no errors....

Starting Installation...
* Stopping domain name service... bind * Starting domain name service... bind [ OK ]
Site ispcp.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site 01_awstats.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site 00_master.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site 000-default disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to fully disable.
This module is already enabled!
mod_actions needs configuration before being able to work.
See the comments in /etc/apache2/mods-available/actions.conf
for details.
Module rewrite installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
[ OK ]
Module actions installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module fastcgi_ispcp installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module suexec installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Enabling proxy as a dependency
Module php4 does not exist!
Module fastcgi disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
Module proxy installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module proxy installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module proxy_http installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module php5 disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix * Stopping Courier authentication services authdaemond * Stopping Courier POP3 server... [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Stopping Courier IMAP server... [ OK ]
* Starting Courier authentication services authdaemond * Starting Courier IMAP server... [ OK ]
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon ...
/etc/rc0.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc1.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc6.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc2.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc3.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc4.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc5.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/ispcp_network ...
/etc/rc0.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc1.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc6.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc2.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc3.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc4.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc5.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
[ OK ]
* Starting Courier POP3 server... [ OK ]
* Stopping ftp server proftpd * Starting ftp server proftpd [ OK ]

Setting GUI Permissions: * Starting ispCP GUI-Backend communication Daemon ispcp_daemon [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting ispCP Network Traffic Logger ispcp_network [ OK ]
............... [ OK ]
.. [ OK ]
................................................................................​............
................................................................................​............
done
Setting Engine Permissions: .............done

Congratulations!

ispCP '1.0.0 RC6 OMEGA' Setup completed successfully!

Please type http://admin.lina.mehrlin.net in your browser,

I appreciate your help!

BR,

Bluetxxth

PS. By the way I have read this post http://isp-control.net/forum/debian-errors-t-3974.html this post is related to my problem, however I can access mysql no problem and the password works...
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 08:52 AM by bluetxxth.)
08-26-2008 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation - bluetxxth - 08-26-2008 08:28 AM