Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:22 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

problem update 1.0.3 to 1.0.4
Blackburn Offline

problem update 1.0.3 to 1.0.4
Hi!

I have problem with the upgrade te ispCP... i try to update with the :
cd /var/www/ispcp/engine/setup
perl ispcp-update

and show me error:
Connection failed: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

how to fix it? please.
04-02-2010 03:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: problem update 1.0.3 to 1.0.4
You typed the wrong MySQL Password for root!
Please check before that you can successfull login as root to your MySQL-Server.

Greez BeNe
04-02-2010 04:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello ;

That probably not the real problem because during update process the mysql password is not asked. Please, check the ispCP db keys files. Maybe, you have forgot to backup these files before launch the update script. If that is the case, you should regenerated the ispCP db keys and change the encrypted password in your ispcp.conf.

@Goover: Where is the howto for the db keys regeneration issue ? I've not found.

Best Regards;

Note: For the next release, I'll add a recovery process to allow regeneration of db keys and the change of the mysql password if the connection fail.
04-02-2010 06:15 AM
Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Regenerating keys during update is *not* a good idea, because all the user passwords will end up corrupted during the customer regeneration phase...
04-02-2010 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(04-02-2010 06:51 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Regenerating keys during update is *not* a good idea, because all the user passwords will end up corrupted during the customer regeneration phase...

Not worries about that. I'll do the necessary.
You talk about what passwords exactly ? Sql customers passwords ?
04-02-2010 09:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...ge_db_pass

Start at Point 4 and Set your PW New, then it Works Wink There is no Need to Set à new User.
04-02-2010 10:13 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Quote:Not worries about that. I'll do the necessary.
You talk about what passwords exactly ? Sql customers passwords ?

Mail passwords. When the keys change, they can't be read anymore because they're encrypted using the original keys. When ispcp tries to decrypt them with new keys, it gets random garbage (without noticing). Therefore, when the mail accounts are regenerated, they end up with random garbage passwords...

I can not think of a way to overcome this limitation. If the keys change, we are screwed in this front. It would be much better to fail fast and sound on this situation to prevent any future damage, asking the user to restore the keys files (all 3 of them) from any backup. In fact, I would check that all key files are correct before updating anything else (engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl, engine/messenger/ispcp-db-keys.pl and gui/include/ispcp-db-keys.php) if I remember correctly.
04-02-2010 05:17 PM
dcreation Offline

Ich think this is related to this thread:
http://isp-control.net/forum/thread-7526-page-1.html

Have the same problem after Updating (which runs just fine) but then no more login possible and this strange error in the Debugger:
sys_command() | ERROR: External command '/bin/echo
05-24-2010 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply