Current time: 04-17-2024, 08:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Per reseller templates for domain index and logo
tioan Offline

Per reseller templates for domain index and logo
I think it will be good if every reseller can use its own personal templates for domain index and errors.
That can be realized as every reseller get its special directory, with two sub folders
$reseller/domain_default_page
and
$reseller/logo
Then the reseller need access to $reseller over ftp or ispcp-gui (like uploading personal logo).
Then the ispcp engine check if an new user are created if some files under $reseller/domain_default_page and copied them to $domain/htdocs or if $reseller/domain_default_page are emtpy /var/www/ispcp/gui/domain_default_page/ will be copied to the new users htdocs.

This way will also work for the reseller logos if $reseller/logo is empty ispcp default logo will be use if some image file exist under $reseller/logo/ exist that will be displayed as resellers personal logo.

I hope someone will support this idea and understand my bad english.

Mattheus
07-27-2007 01:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
raphael Offline

RE: Per reseller templates for domain index and logo
You can open a ticket (enhancement, feature). But it probably won't be done that way. Storing the template in a MySQL table is easier.
07-27-2007 05:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

raphael Wrote:You can open a ticket (enhancement, feature). But it probably won't be done that way. Storing the template in a MySQL table is easier.

You mean just the template vars or everything? Because this will create a problem with servers where DB is the bottleneck.
07-30-2007 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

I think that what raphael means is:

1. Let the reseller upload it's default page text to a GUI's textarea
2. Store this on a db field
3. Whenever a new client is created for this reseller, generate the .html file from this db field

No bottleneck this way, no ftp/vfs needed...
07-30-2007 08:00 PM
raphael Offline

kilburn Wrote:I think that what raphael means is:

1. Let the reseller upload it's default page text to a GUI's textarea
2. Store this on a db field
3. Whenever a new client is created for this reseller, generate the .html file from this db field

No bottleneck this way, no ftp/vfs needed...

completely right Big Grin
07-31-2007 01:48 AM