Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Login issue
Cdmar Offline

Login issue
Hello,

I have ispCp 1.0.5 installed and running on a Debian 5 system.
I noticed that there is a problem with logging-in.

If I enter everything correctly (login & password) right at the first time, it goes through just fine. However, if I will provide a wrong password at first login attempt, it will not allow me to log-in anymore after the first attempt, even entering correct password many times afterwards. It just reloads the page and returns me back to log-in. So to tell it in brief, I have to enter
correct data right from the start to log-in, if I will somehow provide it wrong, it will not allow me to log-in anymore after the first login attempt. I already tried disabling brute-force detection or block-time between logins, it didn't help. I don't know what is the issue.

I would be glad if someone would take time to help me looking into and solving this technical problem.

Thanks in advance.
06-17-2010 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: Login issue
Hello ;

I know this problem. Go into the ispCP database (via pma) and remove the related line into the login table. Normally, that should solve your problem.

Best Regards ;
06-17-2010 07:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Cdmar Offline

Thank you for your fast reply.
Which line should that be?
06-17-2010 07:56 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

The Line with your IP-Adresse.

Greez BeNe
06-17-2010 07:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cdmar Offline

Thanks, I guess this makes it work. However, is there no way to prevent this login-bug from occuring in the future? Will I always have to manually delete entries? It sometimes logs my users in as "Unknown", at least that's what I can see in the active users tab of ispcp. I have to kill the "Unknown" user session before the person can succesfuly login again.
06-17-2010 08:02 PM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

(06-17-2010 08:02 PM)Cdmar Wrote:  Thanks, I guess this makes it work. However, is there no way to prevent this login-bug from occuring in the future? Will I always have to manually delete entries? It sometimes logs my users in as "Unknown", at least that's what I can see in the active users tab of ispcp. I have to kill the "Unknown" user session before the person can succesfuly login again.

I'll open a new ticket for this issue. Will be fixed ASAP and then, solution will be reported here.
Ok, I've doing some test with the latest trunk state. I can't reproduce the behavior.

EDIT:

1. I've strong password several time
Result:
Blocked for....
3. I waited until the end of blocker time
4. Login with correct authentication information
Result: Works fine.

Only one issue still exists: the login_counter field in the login table is set to 2 on the first login.
06-17-2010 08:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply
fastgraph Offline

I had the same problem and it didn't let me login for an hour... You can bypass it by disabling the "Block time between logins" option in the settings...
06-18-2010 04:57 PM