Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:39 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update from 1.0.0 to trunk: PHP files not interpreted
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: Update from 1.0.0 to trunk: PHP files not interpreted
(09-23-2010 06:27 AM)RatS Wrote:  When I replaced the php.ini file, they had "short_open_tag = Off" (default value) for PHP5, in PHP4 it was still on. There is an ongoing discussion in the PHP mailing is to deprecate it. I'd say nuke3d should activate it in the php.ini files of the domains that need it and we should revert r3319 back.

Revert back, why ? It's just a convenience changes for the ispCP users. Some clients use always the short open tags. Since it's not a security issue but just a no recommended option, where is the problem ? In my opinion, we should leave this parameter like that or provide an easy way to enable it from the gui. Anyway, you are a liar. The default value is On.

For now, an easy way to enable this parameter without involving a ssh connection as root is not possible. The more easy way to allow to use the short open tags is to active the option in the ispCP PHP templates directly.

So Benedikt, instead of act like a god that takes decision for other (in fact, just to go against me), please show us your work that can be more utils for the community ! You past your time to say that our works is bad, edit our tickets for stupid reasons and some other things like this. You begin really to annoy us.

To resume, stop now !
09-25-2010 11:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply
zpin Offline
Dev Team

Actually it's more of a security issue to let this on "Off" because that means all the old scripts that still use "<?" will be sent in plaintext. Code and passwords contained in there (as is often the case with DB access data) will get revealed if someone upgrading to 1.0.7 doesn't know about this.

I suggest a hotfix for this to "On" or a sepparate news announcement because this doesn't seem trivial to me and it is in fact rather difficult to debug if you don't know why your files don't get interpreted anymore.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2010 07:24 PM by zpin.)
10-29-2010 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

@zpin

I've already changed to ON but Benedikt was again reverted to Off... Right, for now, we should revert back again since the PLAIN TEXT issue is dangerous.. I can also add a little question at setup/update to ask the administrator to enable or not this feature. It's can be compromise with Benedikt decision. What you think about that ?
10-29-2010 10:27 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

be default it should be on. We can ask the admin on install time so we are save for the future.
10-29-2010 10:33 PM
zpin Offline
Dev Team

Ok, sounds good to me. With this we can switch to default "Off" some time in the future and people that need it "On" will see what's going on right in the setup process.
10-29-2010 11:50 PM