Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:56 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The transport file
peman Offline
Banned

The transport file
Hello,
In our company we have one exchange mail server and one ispCP server, we also have a spam mail server and a secondary backup spam mail server.

My work mail is on the exchange server and when mail adressed to me arrives to the ispCP it forward the mail to our spam mail server and then to the Exchange server. The problem is here that the ispCP sends it to the secondary spam mail server. where can i change so that it sends it to the other spam mail server (the primary) or even better, directly to the Exchange server. I want to controll this in ispCP and i thought it was the transport file /etc/postfix/ispcp/transport but it wasnt or i am not supposed to change in that file, so where?

Thanks
10-22-2010 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

RE: The transport file
Hello ;

just for the record, what is the content of the related DNS zone file ? (mx entries) ? Also, please, show us your main.cf content.
10-22-2010 03:50 PM
Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

1. You're right in that the transport maps is one of the places where you should setup this stuff. Remember that you must change BOTH /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/transport AND /etc/postfix/ispcp/transport. Basically, you should add a line there with something like:
Code:
domain.tld     smtp:[your.exchange.ip.address]
Notice that the brackets [] MUST be there (otherwise postfix would try to lookup the MX entry for your.exchange.ip.address and fail miserably).

2. Additionally, you must also remove (or comment) the domain from the local domains list (/etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains AND /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains).

Once you've applied this changes, postmap the files and reload postfix:
Code:
postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/{transport,domains}
/etc/init.d/postfix/reload

... and that's it. The server will relay any mails it receives for "domain.tld" to your exchange server.
10-23-2010 01:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
peman Offline
Banned

Hello and thank you for your asnwer! I havent had the time to read it until now.

So it is ok to modify the file even though ispCP says dont! Smile
10-27-2010 05:50 AM
peman Offline
Banned

Hello and thank you for your asnwer! I havent had the time to read it until now.

So it is ok to modify the file even though ispCP says dont! Smile
10-27-2010 05:50 AM
peman Offline
Banned

Hello,

just to confirm. If i add lines to these files, i hope that nothing will happen with the other mail domains/accounts. we have several and its just about two domains that needs to be transported to our internal Exchange mail server. All the other domains will still be able to send their mails, right?

(10-23-2010 01:24 AM)kilburn Wrote:  1. You're right in that the transport maps is one of the places where you should setup this stuff. Remember that you must change BOTH /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/transport AND /etc/postfix/ispcp/transport. Basically, you should add a line there with something like:
Code:
domain.tld     smtp:[your.exchange.ip.address]
Notice that the brackets [] MUST be there (otherwise postfix would try to lookup the MX entry for your.exchange.ip.address and fail miserably).

2. Additionally, you must also remove (or comment) the domain from the local domains list (/etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains AND /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains).

Once you've applied this changes, postmap the files and reload postfix:
Code:
postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/{transport,domains}
/etc/init.d/postfix/reload

... and that's it. The server will relay any mails it receives for "domain.tld" to your exchange server.
07-07-2011 12:51 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Yep, you can change these files and nothing else will break
07-07-2011 07:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
peman Offline
Banned

(07-07-2011 07:22 AM)kilburn Wrote:  Yep, you can change these files and nothing else will break

Works perfectly!! Thanks!
07-13-2011 01:10 AM