Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:13 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Awstats - how?
herbie Offline

Exclamation Awstats - how?
Hi there,

I'm using ISPCP rc2 on Debian Etch. It seems that awstats is not installed under /usr/share/awstats and so on, what is the best way to activate it and which version of it should be used?

Greetings,
herbie
09-15-2007 06:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
platzwart Offline

RE: Awstats - how?
hi,

the best way is not to activate it!!! it causes a lot of failures so that your ispcp won't work any longer. wait until awstats is fully implemented...
09-15-2007 07:51 AM
herbie Offline

platzwart Wrote:hi,

the best way is not to activate it!!! it causes a lot of failures so that your ispcp won't work any longer. wait until awstats is fully implemented...

Well, but some of my customers want some kind of logfile analysis. Hm... is the howto in this forum how to use awstats working reliable?

Or should I better use another tool to generate some analysis-homepages then? What's the experience on it so far?
09-16-2007 01:58 AM
platzwart Offline

i can only repeat: do NOT activate awstats!! your system won't work any longer... you can find a lot of threads about this...
09-16-2007 10:29 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

platzwart Wrote:i can only repeat: do NOT activate awstats!! your system won't work any longer...

... this is only true for ispCP RC1 and RC2x (where x element {a,b,c}
09-16-2007 11:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grungy Offline

The howto that SniperSister wrote does not work for the new versions of ispcp, that's latest builds....dammit I need this urgent.....
09-17-2007 02:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

I cant stress this enough. We need to tackle the issues with awstats and close many of the related open tickets. It's just a distraction and I don't possibly understand why it's taking so long to fix. Especially when one of the core team members wrote the original HowTo in VHCS golden days.
09-17-2007 02:17 AM
grungy Offline

Well awstats is partly integtared into ispcp:

http://trac.inetcentral.de/ispcp_svn/trunk/CHANGELOG

search for awstats an you will see what is done, but dammit this partly integration made things just worse.....
09-17-2007 02:27 AM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

BioALIEN Wrote:[...] I don't possibly understand why it's taking so long to fix. Especially when one of the core team members wrote the original HowTo in VHCS golden days.

Because I'm writing exams at the moment (since 2 Month until next), there is not much time for coding.
09-17-2007 04:20 AM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RatS Wrote:
platzwart Wrote:i can only repeat: do NOT activate awstats!! your system won't work any longer...

... this is only true for ispCP RC1 and RC2x (where x element {a,b,c}

AWStats won't work with the RC and also it don't work with an actual Trunk. I test it and it crashed ispCP.

Why you don't disable the Point AWStats temporally in Setup, until AWStats is fully integrated? Wink
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2007 03:23 AM by gOOvER.)
09-17-2007 02:01 PM