Current time: 04-21-2024, 12:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cpu usage
avispa987 Offline
Dev Team

Cpu usage
Hi everyone,, anyone knows how to limit and monitor what file or why that file is using 100% of cpu?.. i reinstalled all the vps and reinstalled ispcp-omega with its defaults apache configurations...

if anyone knows how to tune apache settings or something.. because with old server configs (debian lenny+ispcp) it worked right for a long time...not too much cpu usage.. but now with debian squeeze + ispcp it just stucks at 100%

thanks in advance
06-06-2011 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Cpu usage
Locate the offending process using "top" or any other process monitoring utility. Once you know who's taking that much CPU, inspect the logs and/or use strace to see what is the actual problem.

Once you have narrowed down the problem, post related logs here if you want us to help.
06-06-2011 01:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
avispa987 Offline
Dev Team

the problem is php5-cgi with one of websites ... i just disabled the website and the cpu stills being used at 100% of cpu by another website.. it seems to be that php5cgi is working wrong...
im using debian squeeze..
i will now reinstall the vps.. what distribution would you recommend me?
CentOS? Ubuntu? Debian (again)

i think its a debian bug.. it just cant use 100% por a simple forum... or a simple cms or a simple wordpress...

p.s: im using vmware server 2.0 ... the vps has debian squeeze, with ispcp omega 1.0.7.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 01:51 AM by avispa987.)
06-07-2011 01:22 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Debian is the preferred distro around here (it's the most tested with ispcp). Have you tried to actually discover what kind of bug is causing this? Can it be a problem with the php code? Is the 100% cpu usage in user, system, or wait time?

Switching distros because of this is a pretty radical approach to server administration....
06-07-2011 02:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MasterTH Offline

maybe there are to many max fcgi processes running in your system.

VM-Ware 2.0 is known for not the best performance. I prefer openvz or xen. If you don't find the reason why your system is on high load, then give a try with a different virtualisation plattform.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011 03:47 PM by MasterTH.)
06-07-2011 03:47 PM
avispa987 Offline
Dev Team

Hi everyone.. again.. i think i've found the problem... it was the worker mpm.. i switched to prefork and made some changes from this guide.. error
But.. now on ispcp gui (administrator controlpanel) shows a weird problem...
error 330 error_content_decoding_failed, ...
i dont know to solve it (yet).. i will try to figure out what's the problem..
06-08-2011 06:40 AM
avispa987 Offline
Dev Team

well... the error shown on my isp-control is this..
Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/ispcp/gui/:/etc/ispcp/:/var/run/ispcp.lock:/proc/:/bin/df:/bin/mount:/var/log/rkhunter.log:/var/log/chkrootkit.log:/usr/share/phpSmile in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispCP/Bootstrap.php on line 107

i dont know what i changed... or what mistake i've made.. and i dont know how to fix it..

Any idea?
06-08-2011 12:12 PM
dentys Offline

hello.

I'm fighting with the same problem (many php-cgi processes that consumes 100% of the CPU).
I use debian squeeze and the lastest version of ispcp.

Did you solved this? how did you?

Thanks.
07-28-2011 11:27 AM