Current time: 04-20-2024, 11:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

test install version 307
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: test install version 307
Hi Rats

RatS Wrote:@ Henrik: The notices depends on if you have safe_mode on or off.
Sarge: FastCgiWrapper /usr/lib/apache2/suexec2
Etch: FastCgiWrapper /usr/lib/apache2/suexec

I'll carry about this, when it runs as it should!

what about a copy or a symlink (suexec -> suexec2) - so both debians should be fine.

Regards
02-08-2007 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

joximu Wrote:Hi Rats

RatS Wrote:@ Henrik: The notices depends on if you have safe_mode on or off.
Sarge: FastCgiWrapper /usr/lib/apache2/suexec2
Etch: FastCgiWrapper /usr/lib/apache2/suexec

I'll carry about this, when it runs as it should!

what about a copy or a symlink (suexec -> suexec2) - so both debians should be fine.

Regards

Hi ;

Yes, it's very good idea.

One could add a condition in batch script for the creation of this simlink in set-engine-permissions or other script. -->

exemple :
Code:
if cat /etc/issue | grep "Debian GNU/Linux 4.0";
then
ln -s /usr/lib/apache2/suexec /usr/lib/apache2/suexec2
fi
02-08-2007 06:09 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Doumanix Offline

RatS Wrote:If you are working on windows, try the following tools: Eclipse (http://eclipse.org) there is a plug-in for PHP programming.
My absolutely favourite IDE for PHP and MySQL is PHPedit (http://waterproof.fr). You can try to get a free license by registering and saying why you need a free license (good points are: personal use, best IDE known and OpenSource projects Big Grin).

Sorry for being so hard with you.

Hi,

just a note on Eclipse: there's a quite new IDE that is tailored especially for PHP developers. Not only a plugin for the Java development suite but a Eclipse IDE which comes natively with the functionality of that PHPEclipse plugin.
Have a look at http://www.eclipse.org/php/ I think they did a really good job an it's getting better every month.

Another way to edit files quickly via Windows (copy & paste) on your Linux server is to use WinSCP [url]http://winscp.net/eng/docs/langBig Grine[/url]. That tool maintains a simple text editor with that you may change files (like in wordpad) on your linux server and save it there.

Greetz
Doumanix
02-08-2007 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dominiquearpin Offline

Hi,

I did an another test installation. Are you interested for this kind of feelback?

With the revision 316, all the errors have been corrected except for the suexec ( the symlink solution will correct the problem).

That's normal that the vhcs-setup.sh script didn't try to start apache?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2007 07:00 AM by dominiquearpin.)
02-09-2007 07:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

the suexec is named suexec2 on sarge and suexec on etch, there will be a solution, on final release.
02-09-2007 07:04 AM
Nuxwin
Unregistered

dominiquearpin Wrote:Hi,

I did an another test installation. Are you interested for this kind of feelback?

Hi ;
Yes, your information feedback concerning test revisions interest us.

Thank you for your participation in the project.
02-09-2007 08:04 AM
DocRed Offline

Hi,

I did a test installation too. The good news: The Install-Routine looks good. Apache understand php ;-)
But after you create a new user, the apache answer with a Internal Server Error. It seems like a problem with the php.ini-File and the user-Rights of the Apache.

CU
02-09-2007 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuxwin
Unregistered

DocRed Wrote:Hi,

I did a test installation too. The good news: The Install-Routine looks good. Apache understand php ;-)
But after you create a new user, the apache answer with a Internal Server Error. It seems like a problem with the php.ini-File and the user-Rights of the Apache.

CU

Good evening ;

It is normal since in the immediate future, i did nothing but regulate the problem of the principal user (master to use).

As of tomorrow, I attack to leave it fcgi which concerns the user usual.

Good Luck With VHCS.
02-09-2007 08:52 AM