Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is it possible - Reseller FTP - and how?
ServerQuack Offline

Is it possible - Reseller FTP - and how?
Since I manage several domains, some of them with aliases and/or subdomains, it would be incredibly helpful to have a Reseller FTP account with which I can gain access across the board if I'm working with files in more than one domain. With Filezilla I can set up accounts to anywhere on my server, but I have no idea how to do that without using my ispCP since I'm not exactly a terminal/ssh guru.
Could someone help me out with that please?
My server is a vServer, not a dedicated root server. Thanks.
08-06-2011 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Is it possible - Reseller FTP - and how?
A read only account maybe - but not write accounts. Because the files need to have set the correct owner/group etc and with another account you have other uid/gids...

/J
08-07-2011 05:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ServerQuack Offline

Yeah, I'll probably have to contact the vServer people directly.
In the past I've always had an admin or reseller FTP account to the var/www part of my server in order to expedite file transfers, installations, etc. over several domains. It's just very convenient, especially for someone like me who doesn't know a whole lot about SSH. I've used Putty a few times but I've never been comfortable with it at all.
18 years with windows, what can I say ... Rolleyes ... didn't get into Linux until 2 - 3 years ago. Cool
08-08-2011 12:54 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hm... I don't know if "the vserver people" have more ideas...

You may add some code in the ispcp source - when adding a new user, also add a "master" ftp account for it (maybe a name like "master#domain.tld") with your preferred passwd...
And when removing the account - also remove the ftp account (ftp acounts are all in the ispcp table ftpusers and ftpgroups...)

/J
08-08-2011 05:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ServerQuack Offline

Okay, now I'm a little confused ... Sad

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reply. I'm a GUI person. In the admin settings of ispCP there's a place for enabling/disabling external logins from the admin, reseller, or user level. So if I deactivate that just for the reseller, shouldn't I then be able to login to the reseller root of ispCP via filezilla if I can figure out how to get the correct filezilla settings to work?

One of the things that I want to do, is either to install roundcube ... or use the existing webmailer ... but with my own logos, colors, some text modifications, etc. I need to be able to get to those files in order to transfer them back and forth with filezilla. This is not possible from within ispCP or by creating ispCP user accounts.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011 02:43 AM by ServerQuack.)
08-09-2011 02:40 AM