Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:42 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Running problems
tdcarvalho Offline

Running problems
I've installed ISPCP for a project in school and now i've come to a problem, every time I restart the computer I can't access to the ISPCP panel by typing admin.domain.com in my address bar. Am I missing something? shouldn't ISPCP be running since the computer boots? If not how do I run the service?
Forgot to say I'm using Debian, the only thing that it didn't go as the tutorial was that i never got any "Question" about Corrier but i guess that is only needed for Email but I'm not using email for this.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 11:35 PM by tdcarvalho.)
11-24-2011 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: Running problems
If you say "everytime" - what do you do then to make it run again ?

Maybe apache is not started automatically for whatever reason ? - or mysql is starting too slow ?
11-25-2011 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tdcarvalho Offline

That is what i would like to know. How to make it run again?
When i restart my computer when i try to access any of my domains I just can't and in the browser all it says is that can't resolve hostname.

I've find out one thing yesterday, the debian machine was with dinamic IP and after the reboot the IP was never the same as the config, is that crashing ispcp somehow?
11-26-2011 12:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

of course it is. IspCP was developed with a server with fixed ip's in mind.
It makes no sense to run a professional hosting environment on a server which is occassionlly connected to the internet only.
However you can get around that by putting all services on an internal IP - i.e. 192.168.0.1 - or whatever your internal net is.
Then on your firewall or router you direct all traffic on port 80 to your internal ip.
To make the external dns working ... i don't have a good idea. Maybe you should just try it with dyndns domains - therefor you can update the domain names via the dyndns client.
11-26-2011 01:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply