Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:59 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

undelivered mail return
vs_isp Offline

undelivered mail return
Hello guys,
I 've been searching a lot about this error but with no luck.
I have recently installed ispcp omega 1.0.7 on my vps and everything is working fine except the fact that when i use a contact form in a site the message comes to my admin email as "undelivered mail return to sender". Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Thanks in advance. Wink
03-08-2012 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

RE: undelivered mail return
Can you please post the corresponding log file entries (mail.log, mail.err) from that try - as well as specify from which domain to which domain as well as details about the used configuration of the contact form ( is it part of a cms? - maybe extra config is needed ? ) .
03-08-2012 09:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vs_isp Offline

It seems that it has to do with the fact that the receiver address in the contact form script is a google apps address. The receiver address has the same domain with the site but i haven't configured any email accounts under ispcp, only under google apps. When i use a different address not in the same domain it sends the mail with no errors...
Also the mail.log has no errors since the 4th of march...
The contact form is not a part of a cms.
03-08-2012 10:16 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Important is that ispcp (or your linux server) "knows" that the domain is (mail)hosted externally...

So the domain must not occur in /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains

You should have set the mail accounts to "disabled" (-1) when creating the domain. If you change it later you may need to change e.g. the amount of allowed traffic.... (set a new value and reset).

Check in the console if the domain still is listed in /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains

/J
03-08-2012 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vs_isp Offline

Well, i tried to edit the mail account limit to "-1" but ispcp would not allow it because it has the default accounts enabled. As for the domain, it is inside the /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains at the moment.
Is it safe to delete the postmaster account/webmaster etc in order to edit the mail to "-1"?
03-08-2012 10:43 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Yes - since the mails are hosted "externally" you don't need the default accounts...

/J
03-08-2012 11:21 PM
vs_isp Offline

Ok, so far i have deleted the default accounts,i have set the mail limit to "-1".
Now, do i need to delete the entry in "domains" file in order to receive emails to the gapps account?
I have also read this article here that suggests also another location of the domains file.Is it correct?

I am sorry for the last one. The article is here: http://isp-control.net/forum/printthread.php?tid=12779
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 11:41 PM by vs_isp.)
03-08-2012 11:29 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

AFAIK, after setting -1 you need to change the transfer volume to some other value - this should remove the domainname from the file...
afterwards you can set back the original transfer volume value....

that would be the gui way... :-)

/J
03-09-2012 12:04 AM
vs_isp Offline

Hi again,
So, i've tried the gui method. Still no luck. This is driving me insane. I changed the email limit to "-1", then changed the traffic volume to a value and change it back again.Although the entry was deleted from the domains file, still i could not receive anything in my apps account. I also tried this with a wordpress contact form and the same thing is happening also. Any help/suggestion please?
UPDATE: I 've been searching the mail.log file and i have found that the last entry has a message:
"mail for xxxxxx.gr loops back to myself".
also postfix/bounce: sender non-delivery notification.
and postfix/qmgr: removed

Am i doing something wrong here? I would appreciate any advice/help/suggestion, thank you in advance.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 11:42 PM by vs_isp.)
03-09-2012 11:13 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Ah, maybe the DNS on the server still thinks that the MX for the domain is "locally".

So you need to change the DNS (MX Entry) - either manually or in ispcp.

Or let the ispcp server use an extrnal DNS to resolve domain names...
03-10-2012 12:04 AM