Current time: 04-18-2024, 03:49 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

undelivered mail return
vs_isp Offline

RE: undelivered mail return
Hello again and thanks for all the replies. Still haven't managed to solve the problem. Do you know where to look in ispcp in order to change the mx entries? I currently use external DNS for most of the domains attached to my ispcp server, though BIND9 is enabled in my setup. Any further suggestions?
03-12-2012 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

ok, so ispcp writes for every customer an entry in the bind-config and creates a zone file.

Since I also use external dNS I solved it this way:

change the line in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf

BIND_CONF_FILE = /etc/bind/named.conf
to something like
BIND_CONF_FILE = /etc/bind/named.ispcp.conf

and move almost everything from the named.conf to named.ispcp.conf:
All lines

// bind Data BEGIN.
to
// bind Data END.

including theese two lines.

If you want to use the local DNS including the ispcp domains, then you may include the named.ispcp.conf later - otherwise leave it as it is... then bind won't know the ispcp domains.

restart bind...

/J
03-12-2012 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vs_isp Offline

I am sorry but i didn't fully understand you suggestion. Do i have to delete the named.conf file and just keep only the named.ispcp.conf?
What do you mean by "include the named.ispcp.conf later"?
03-12-2012 10:02 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

no - no delete.

A part from the actual named.conf should be "oursourced" to another file...

you can do:
- copy of /etc/bind/named.conf to /etc/bind/named.ispcp.conf
- change the ispcp.conf as stated above.
- change /etc/bind/named.conf: remove everything between the two "// bind Data BEGIN." and "// bind Data END." lines - including them. Then you have more or less an original named.conf (as it should be somewhere in /etc/ispcp/bind/backup/...)
- change /etc/bind/named.ispcp.conf: remove *everything but* the lines from "// bind Data BEGIN." to "// bind Data END." - and please leave theese two lines also there.

this way: the bind runs like originally knowing nothing from the customer domains. And ispcp still can write its bind confi - but to a separate file.

If you later want your bind to know about the ispcp customer domains - include the named.ispcp.conf file in the bind configuration... (you should see how the include directive works...).

Clear?

/J
03-12-2012 10:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vs_isp Offline

Yes, it is clear enough,thanks. I will try it and post the results.
I have also found this solution here: http://isp-control.net/forum/printthread.php?tid=10133
User "killburn" provides a solution and he insists that "perl ispcp-update" after the limit change will fix the problem. Possible?
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 11:38 PM by vs_isp.)
03-12-2012 10:36 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

hm - maybe ispcp-update changes the dns zone so the mx is removed from it.

My solution is meant if you do not want to use the dns insofs which ispcp creates.

/J
03-13-2012 03:22 AM
vs_isp Offline

Hi again,
Unfortunately, this method didn't help. Still the email is bouncing back to local mail server. It is really strange cause actually i have managed to remove domains from the config and make any further changes but yet it is not sending anything. The bad thing is that i really need google apps for certain domains and it is really sad that there is no actual switch to disable the local delivery. I have searched through other forums/faqs about that particular problem and a lot of people are saying that it has to do with the main.cf file and the "mydestination" attribute. Any other suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.thanks!
So, i made some changes to the main.cf file as suggested in serverfault. At "mydestination" line i made the following edit:
"mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain"
So now postfix sends to the google apps account that is under the same domain as the server hostname.
All other domains still not receiving anything. Is there a way to edit main.cf for multiple domains in order to make it send email to other google apps account(different domains in the same server)? Is there an easy way to make postfix understand that some email accounts are handled externally?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 10:47 PM by vs_isp.)
03-16-2012 09:56 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hi

normally there is no need for such changes.

Can you describe the problem again (or the new problem) - and put more infos from the log files.

/J
03-18-2012 12:19 AM
vs_isp Offline

Hi,
So, my problem is that when i use contact forms the mail server is sending the mail locally. This is something that i don't want because the mail is handled by google apps for the hosted domains in my vps. So what i really need is to make postfix send mails to the google apps acounts and not locally. Mail logs inform me that email is bouncing back and removed because there is no local mail account. Google apps accounts and virtual hosts are under the same domain. Contact forms work as expected when i use external mail(hotmail,gmail,yahoo) as the receiver(not under the same domain).
03-19-2012 10:17 PM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

you should remove the corresponding domain from the /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains file and run
postmap /etc/postfix/ispcp/domains . Replace this file as well /etc/ispcp/postfix/working/domains with the one edited before.

Try sending the mail again - it should work. Problem : if you change something in the mail config of that domain it will be set again in the file ... i'll integrate that into the 1.1 as a new feature (deactivate mail completely for a domain) because i wrote already a patch for a customer for exactly this functionality.
03-19-2012 11:02 PM