Current time: 04-17-2024, 07:41 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Redirect domains
jdcooke Offline

Redirect domains
I have a domain the customer only wants to use for email the website he wants automatically reirected to a thrid party site.

I am sure there is a way to do this nicely, but at the moment I have put a directive in the sites to Redirect / http://www.othersite.tld
10-23-2007 03:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Redirect domains
You can use the alias function in ispCP.

Greez BeNe
10-23-2007 03:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jdcooke Offline

BeNe Wrote:You can use the alias function in ispCP.

Greez BeNe

OK how does the alias function work I havent come across any documentation about it, can you point me in the right direction
10-23-2007 04:05 AM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Login as Customer -> Manage Domain -> Add alias
Create the alias and set the URL to Forward.

The Reseller reseller must accept this alias.
So you need to log in as reseller and activte it.

Greez BeNe
10-23-2007 04:21 AM
jdcooke Offline

BeNe Wrote:Login as Customer -> Manage Domain -> Add alias
Create the alias and set the URL to Forward.

The Reseller reseller must accept this alias.
So you need to log in as reseller and activte it.

Greez BeNe

Thanks for the help and I am really sorry to be a noob on this, but Im afraid I cant afford to trail and error with domains. I really have no idea what alias actually does; what do the the various options do?

I have three option boxes Domain name (is this the domain to forward or the destination?) Directory mount point (what goes here?) Forward to URL (defaults to no do I insert the domain to forward to?)

For example I have http://www.example.com and I want to forward all the web traffic to http://www.example.co.uk but keep email on this server.

You help is much appricated.
10-23-2007 09:13 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

There is no "domain forward" as you think - the domain alias is a workaround: its another virtual host ina apache but can point to the same directory and therefore to the same files - but it's another virtualhost.
A Serveralias would be easier but this is not implemented yet...

/J
10-23-2007 10:37 AM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Well, you can afford to "trial and error" my friend, because this software is still in development. You should not be using it in a production environment Wink

Thanks for the feedback, we definitely need to improve the documentation further fo new comers and non-technical people. Especially in the "customer control panel" since they are not necessarily technical people.
10-23-2007 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply