Current time: 06-28-2024, 05:03 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RC3 Installation Problem
vampire Offline

RC3 Installation Problem
Good Morning,

I have tried to install the versions rc3 (10 Oct 2007 and 17 nov 2007) but, during the installation they always jam in different points. At times it jams in how much it doesn't read the pass of the MySQL inserted, besides, if I raise the pass MySQL to the database the installation it doesn't continue equally. To the moment I have installed with success the version rc2 (build: 2007-04-18). is possession possible a version rc3 with the sistem stable setup? Or to have the tabbelles for the rc2 upgrade to rc3, in how much I have effected the hand upgrade, as it did him in the preceding versions, but in the database of the version RC2s miss some present charts in the version RC3. is possession possible a guide or the db to add serving the update as the version rc2 to the version rc3, without rieffettuare the setup?

Thanks
11-19-2007 10:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: RC3 Installation Problem
It's difficult yet - some devs are working on the update script to also be able to update from rc2 to rc3 - but noone knows when it's finished.

You can try to update as described in the "small update howto", then do some comparison of configuration fles (mainly /etc/ispcp.conf - there are some new variables shich have to be inserted manually). I'd also enable php-debugging (error-log) to find other errors.
Most of the tpl files in /etc/ispcp/*/parts should also be updated...

With some engagement you should be able to do the update...

/J
11-19-2007 10:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vampire Offline

I have tried to make an update, as it did him in the old versions, therefore make install, and to copy the files on the briefcase /var/www having previously saved some files of configuration. This way making the program works, but when I make the login, the program tells me that some charts miss, it is possible possession a db of the rc3 virgin? in such way, that I try to put the data of the rc2?
11-19-2007 10:51 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser...s/database

the database structure (and some basic entries) are in configs/database in your downloaded package...

Edit: ... if you use debian etch... otherwise the files are in the dists subdir... of course...
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 10:55 PM by joximu.)
11-19-2007 10:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vampire Offline

I must download http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser...s/database database.sql and the i put the date of my database?
11-19-2007 11:04 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

???
hm...
I'd compare the database structure with the database structure of your installation...

But it should also be possible to create the db with database.sql and then import the data of you old installation... yes...
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 11:40 PM by joximu.)
11-19-2007 11:40 PM
vampire Offline

Good Morning,

if i try this procedure is correct?:
I copy the file engine/ispcp-db-keys.pl - include/ispcp-db-keys.pl and pma/config.inc.php
then i make the rc3, then cd /tmp/ispcp-1.0.0/var/www/ and cp -R ispcp/ /var/www/ and i copy the file into new db, and copy the backup files.
Is ok?
11-19-2007 11:48 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Good Morning (3 p.m. here... :-)

Yes - please also copy engine/messagers/db-keys.pl (there is also one db-key-file in messagers - or similar... folder).

After this, run the set-engine-permissions and set-gui-permissions files from the engine/setup folder...

Then, it's also important to complete the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf file - as written above, there are some new variables since april - if they are missing you'll get the weird "rwith" perl errors...

you should do a compare of you ispcp.conf and the one in the new package - just look on the variable names, not the values, they might differ of course...

hope this helps, cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 11:58 PM by joximu.)
11-19-2007 11:57 PM
vampire Offline

Notice: Undefined index: LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/system-message.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined index: LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/system-message.php on line 41
ERROR: Unable to connect to SQL server !
SQL returned: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

this is the error, to the beginning all worked, then later around 5minuti the rc3 has not worked anymore.... because?
11-20-2007 12:14 AM
blocker Offline

vampire Wrote:Notice: Undefined index: LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/system-message.php on line 37
this is the error, to the beginning all worked, then later around 5minuti the rc3 has not worked anymore.... because?

umm the mysql server is rejected the password possible becouse you use wrong copy or not yet copied all the keys file.
11-20-2007 07:51 AM