Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:47 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why are you interested in ICPCP Omega?
rsmithgs Offline

Why are you interested in ICPCP Omega?
Hi Guys,

Following on from the "Where are you from and what do you do" thread. Why are you interested in ISPCP Omega?

As I stated in the "Where are you from" thread, most of my time is taken up by helping clients turn there ideas into technical solutions. I found that some of these solutions involved web hosting of some kind. Rather then out-source this I decided I would actually start providing the hosting component of a solution as well. (Less 3rd party dealings, I know what level of support the host is capable of and well might as well make an extra few bob in the process).

Originally started using LAMP servers with no control panels, clients then wanted to make changes themselves rather then waiting for me to do them, so I installed VHCS2 on these lamp servers.

Due to the ..... well lack of a better word death of the VHCS project and the amount of bugs the control panel has displayed since installing it I became interested in this project.

Original idea was to simply upgrade the present servers running VHCS to ISPCP Omega, though now I'm more likely to do migrations onto fresh ISPCP Omega servers. (Well there is the possibility not all vulnerabilities would be cleared with an upgrade and I have made quite a few modifications over the years which may conflict with an upgrade). I will also probably expand the amount of servers and start providing hosting products rather then providing hosting only as a part of a solution.
11-26-2007 11:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply