Current time: 05-08-2024, 04:45 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir
robmorin Offline

MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir
Hello all....

i have a few heavy websites.... one of them has 1.9 million sess_ files in the phptmp dir.... Waz up with that?

i can not do an ls as there are too many files, i got that number from my backup system, it was talking 14 hours to complete backups.... after 2 days of trying out to figure why i noticed that the amount of files that are backed up tripled, but the disk space occupied did not go up by much... so i check for tmp files, and sure enough there are lots in there... so i guess i will rm -rf the dir and then re create it....

Should i be deleting these files on a regular basis? i thought they got deleted automagically?

Thanks..
Rob..
01-03-2008 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user
robmorin Offline

RE: MILLIONS of php session files in phptmp dir
After further investigation it would seem all my sites since they were first activated have all their session files in phptmp, they all date back to the first date a website became active

Can someone else please confirm the same thing???
Thanks...

Rob..
Montreal, Canada

robmorin Wrote:Hello all....

i have a few heavy websites.... one of them has 1.9 million sess_ files in the phptmp dir.... Waz up with that?

i can not do an ls as there are too many files, i got that number from my backup system, it was talking 14 hours to complete backups.... after 2 days of trying out to figure why i noticed that the amount of files that are backed up tripled, but the disk space occupied did not go up by much... so i check for tmp files, and sure enough there are lots in there... so i guess i will rm -rf the dir and then re create it....

Should i be deleting these files on a regular basis? i thought they got deleted automagically?

Thanks..
Rob..
01-03-2008 08:25 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Line 35 of the ispcp cronjobs file should care about that

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser...on.d/ispcp

0,30 * * * * root {TOOLS_ROOT_DIR}/ispcpphptemp.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
(with {...} replaced by the right path)

Can you check if the cron job is running every 30 minutes on your server?

/J
01-03-2008 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
raphael Offline

the script should work just fine, if you want to confirm (but be warned it will throw a lot of info) modify it and add a new line after the first one and there write 'set -x' and manually run the script.
01-05-2008 03:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
robmorin Offline

it would seem that it does not work in that crontab i copied and pasted it into another custom crontab i use for custom stuff, and prepended the real path and then it worked just fine....

Thanks for the tips, however i am not sure why it does not run while in the ispcp cron file....

Thanks for the replies guys!
Smile

Rob...

raphael Wrote:the script should work just fine, if you want to confirm (but be warned it will throw a lot of info) modify it and add a new line after the first one and there write 'set -x' and manually run the script.
01-05-2008 03:44 AM
Thread Closed