Current time: 04-16-2024, 04:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Project Organisation
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Cool Project Organisation
Guys, I've been on the site constantly monitoring the progress and reading over other people's problems and suggestions. I think everybody's doing an incredible job - you should all be proud.

Just a few things I wanted to get off my chest.
1) I blieve BeNe needs to be promoted to forum moderator status and also given access to add/edit the FAQ section on the website. He deserves it now and I think has the knowledge to help more people through the FAQ pages.

2) Can the people who are better and more informed on the nightly builds update the Wishlist page? Many things there have already been fixed, added and upgraded. That way others have a good picture of what features are waiting in the queue.

3) I think we should close the "Milestone: VHCS 2.4.7.1" milestone and move all its tasks to VHCS OMEGA RC1.

4) I think we should remove the "VHCS 2.4.8 RC1" download link and text from the Downloads section. We need to stop promoting the old VHCS project and concentrate on our own efforts. We need people to try out the nightly builds and give feedback.

These will give a more appealing and organised view for new visitors surfing the site and reading about the project. It makes my job of promoting it easier also.

Thank you,
03-28-2007 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Project Organisation
BioALIEN Wrote:Just a few things I wanted to get off my chest.
1) I blieve BeNe needs to be promoted to forum moderator status and also given access to add/edit the FAQ section on the website. He deserves it now and I think has the knowledge to help more people through the FAQ pages.

WOW - thanks! But the Core Team has to decide it.
Yeah, more FAQ is not bad.

Quote:2) Can the people who are better and more informed on the nightly builds update the Wishlist page? Many things there have already been fixed, added and upgraded. That way others have a good picture of what features are waiting in the queue.

Full ACK - but i think we should wait. The most new functions are planned for ISP i mean. So in Omega is not much to do Rolleyes

Quote:3) I think we should close the "Milestone: VHCS 2.4.7.1" milestone and move all its tasks to VHCS OMEGA RC1.

Yep!

Quote:4) I think we should remove the "VHCS 2.4.8 RC1" download link and text from the Downloads section. We need to stop promoting the old VHCS project and concentrate on our own efforts. We need people to try out the nightly builds and give feedback.

We can leave it there i think, but not promoting it.
The current trunk is working fine - and there are only some litte thinks open. The time will come for Omega these days i hopeWink
03-28-2007 08:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

BioALIEN Wrote:1) I blieve BeNe needs to be promoted to forum moderator status and also given access to add/edit the FAQ section on the website. He deserves it now and I think has the knowledge to help more people through the FAQ pages.
Reorganisation of team will take place after the release of a stable VHCS Omega.

BioALIEN Wrote:2) Can the people who are better and more informed on the nightly builds update the Wishlist page? Many things there have already been fixed, added and upgraded. That way others have a good picture of what features are waiting in the queue.
I thought about making clear what's done (line through).

BioALIEN Wrote:3) I think we should close the "Milestone: VHCS 2.4.7.1" milestone and move all its tasks to VHCS OMEGA RC1.
No VHCS 2.4.7.1 is not our milestone there are only old Bugs of VHCS not yet closed.

BioALIEN Wrote:4) I think we should remove the "VHCS 2.4.8 RC1" download link and text from the Downloads section. We need to stop promoting the old VHCS project and concentrate on our own efforts. We need people to try out the nightly builds and give feedback.
VHCS 2.4.8 RC1 will be supported as long as there is no stable VHCS Omega. Believe me the truncated version is not fully compatible with VHCS. First we have to build up update compatibility.
03-28-2007 10:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Thanks for taking the time to answer my points.

2) I think the line-through idea is excellent!

3) Well, we are not supporting the 2.4.7.1 branch so what's the point in collecting bugs for something we don't fix? But if it was only there for bug collection then maybe we should state this or set it to a closed milestone so it doesn't appear on the list anymore?

4) Thanks for the clarification on this. I still think it will slow Omega's development down but we have no choice I guess.
03-29-2007 01:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

BioALIEN Wrote:3) Well, we are not supporting the 2.4.7.1 branch so what's the point in collecting bugs for something we don't fix? But if it was only there for bug collection then maybe we should state this or set it to a closed milestone so it doesn't appear on the list anymore?
We use VHCS as base system. As long as we do there can be bugs they have to be fixed. No one will post on it any more. Big Grin
03-29-2007 01:56 AM