Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:09 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DynDns and Ubuntu 7.10/8.04LTS
Lotek Offline

Wink DynDns and Ubuntu 7.10/8.04LTS
Ok. So I've been going through different control panels trying to find the best one to use to get my small little operation for myself off the ground. I have to say that this one BY FAR is the MOST POLISHED. I spent 2 hours playing with all of the different demos. It is sweet. Here's my only thing. I use dyndns because 1: I'm a bit poor at current and 2: I don't have a static ip. Would this work with dyndns and is there an updater in it? The updater is really kinda irrelevant, but it would be nice. Second, does anyone have any experience with installing this on Ubuntu Server? It's my OS of choice and I'm not gonna switch because I've gotten really used to the quirks it has and the things it does including all of it's imperfections. I've tried Virtualmin/Webmin/Usermin and while it was nice, some things didn't work the way I liked and really it was overkill for me. I also couldn't get mail to work in it, but I'm sure that was something I did. I've also tried eBox which doesn't do web control, but does alot of other stuff. Nice package, but not what I was looking for. Thanks for any help or advice!
05-24-2008 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: DynDns and Ubuntu 7.10/8.04LTS
Of course does this works with DynDNS - no problem.

Greez BeNe
05-26-2008 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lotek Offline

How does it handle the way postfix works? Does it autoconfigure it? Because right now I've got postfix setup with webmin/virtualmin and my issue is that I can send emails, but not receive them. And would this be able to integrate with citadel? I'm also using the dyndns free domain names so I don't have access to MX records or anything.
05-28-2008 01:22 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

I also use DynDNS and it works!
First - you must be sure that the Posfix Config is the default ispCP Config.
Because you said that you use Usermin or something.
Set the Domain to your DynDNS domain.

You can enable MX in your DNS Account. Problem is only that the IP is dynamic and most Provider set is as default as SPAM or block it. So best way is to use an Relay.

Greez BeNe
05-28-2008 03:39 PM
fraggie Offline

BeNe Wrote:I also use DynDNS and it works!
First - you must be sure that the Posfix Config is the default ispCP Config.
Because you said that you use Usermin or something.
Set the Domain to your DynDNS domain.

You can enable MX in your DNS Account. Problem is only that the IP is dynamic and most Provider set is as default as SPAM or block it. So best way is to use an Relay.

Greez BeNe

How did you do the admin url? it automagically went to admin.domain.dyndns.org

i can't access it there hehe
is ther a way to change it to domain.dyndns.org/admin ?
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 07:39 AM by fraggie.)
07-24-2008 07:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply