Current time: 04-25-2024, 10:35 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: do you want alias autoadd option instead of reseler's approval ? [permitted]
This poll is closed.
yeah 33.33% 1 33.33%
no 66.67% 2 66.67%
Total 3 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

alias autoadd
Cube Offline

RE: alias autoadd
Quote:this approval thing does not add too much security - many people have reseller accounts.
The reseller is also the one who adds new users, so the reseller could do harm without the possibility to approve new aliases.

Quote:Adding place to create a deny list for the autoadd...
And how should such a deny list look like?
06-12-2008 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
egor Offline

I guess it would be better to have a "allow" list, not "deny".

Like "I trust this user, he can do whatever he likes with this hosting / aliases."
06-12-2008 12:45 AM
artkiller Offline

egor Wrote:I guess it would be better to have a "allow" list, not "deny".

Like "I trust this user, he can do whatever he likes with this hosting / aliases."

i am facing the situation when some of my customer who works in seo, adds 5-10 new domains to their hosting account , and then he has to wait couple of hours for me to approve it. this is quite not ok if customers want install new sites right now.

not permitted domains list would be ok
06-12-2008 12:51 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

artkiller Wrote:i am facing the situation when some of my customer who works in seo, adds 5-10 new domains to their hosting account , and then he has to wait couple of hours for me to approve it. this is quite not ok if customers want install new sites right now.

Yeah, 'cause when you register a new domain it's NS are propagated just 1 second later... duh!

By the way, approving aliases shouldn't be that much overhead. If you don't want to do it yourself, simply delegate the work to someone else who can be trusted. If the customer himself can be trusted, add him as a reseller so he can approve it's own aliases. Easy.

PS: Man, I don't like your attitude: your first post here was a poll to change a functionality without even trying to understand why it was there. Since then you've only been trying to tell us that things must be done your way without listening to our reasons nor trying to adapt.

My personal response to this attitude is: go create your own cp man, or fork ispcp if you prefer... but don't waste our time. Thanks.
06-12-2008 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cube Offline

Quote:I guess it would be better to have a "allow" list, not "deny".

That sounds better.

Quote:not permitted domains list would be ok
You do not know which domain is permitted or not. That's just the point.
06-12-2008 01:10 AM
egor Offline

Quote:You do not know which domain is permitted or not. That's just the point.

like, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and whatever addresses have millions of e-mails on them are not permitted to anyone.

the rest is permitted to trusted users.

anyway, if you do not know which domain is permitted or not at the moment of releasing a next version of ispCP, then no admin can be sure if he knows right which which domain is permitted or not at the moment of allowing or not any given alias.
06-12-2008 01:17 AM
artkiller Offline

kilburn Wrote:
artkiller Wrote:i am facing the situation when some of my customer who works in seo, adds 5-10 new domains to their hosting account , and then he has to wait couple of hours for me to approve it. this is quite not ok if customers want install new sites right now.

Yeah, 'cause when you register a new domain it's NS are propagated just 1 second later... duh!

true, it takes 2-5 minutes when i register at estdomains.com (not ad sorry)
06-12-2008 01:17 AM
platzwart Offline

@artkiller: if you need hours to respond to your customers, your service is bad - and therefore, people who need a good service should not become your customer. it's your own fault, not the one of the control panel.
security is very important, if you are not interested in security, please tell your customers, that their mails might be read by other customers...
if you want to earn money, you've to work for it...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2008 01:41 AM by platzwart.)
06-12-2008 01:40 AM