Current time: 04-30-2024, 01:12 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

can mail-users change their password
twdotnet Offline

can mail-users change their password
Hi there,

I'm playing around with ispCP and got the above question about the mail-users. Is there currently a way, that the users can change their own password? If not, is something like this already planned?

Best Regards
Oliver
06-19-2008 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
einherjer Offline

RE: can mail-users change their password
There is an howto for this:
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/howto_webmailpass
06-19-2008 09:11 PM
twdotnet Offline

Thanks! It works!

I have changed the connection string from mysql to mysqli as suggested by the documentation of PEAR:Big GrinB for MySQL >4.1
06-25-2008 05:22 PM
quci Offline

Could not find Pear DB library
einherjer Wrote:There is an howto for this:
http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/wiki/howto_webmailpass

Hi there...

I did the steps described in the howto webmailpass but I allways get the error "Could not find Pear DB library" when trying to change a password. I checked the include_path setting in php.ini and my pear directory is correctly listed. I also checked the portion which loads the DB.php in functions.php of the squirrelmail change_sqlpass plugin. The php function require_once('DB.php'); returns 1 which means it successfully loaded the Pear DB lib. What's wrong here, I don't get it.

Thank you for your help

Kind regards, Markus
07-06-2008 11:05 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Can you post the full error message please (you may need to enable display_errors in php.ini)?
07-06-2008 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quci Offline

Hi kilburn

Sorry for my late reply, but I was very busy the last days.

kilburn Wrote:Can you post the full error message please (you may need to enable display_errors in php.ini)?

I already tried this. Also with display_errors enabled "Could not find Pear DB library" was the only message I got. Then I checked the code in functions.php and saw that the squirrelmail plugin change_sqlpass has a debug mode which will show PHP errors. I enabled the debug mode and then I saw that /usr/share/pear wasn't in the path list of the open_basedir php setting. I corrected this and now it's working like it should Smile so everything is good now! Thank you for your help and hope this thread is helpful for others facing the same problem.

Kind regards, quci

PS: The problem may only affect CentOS/RedHat based systems. I saw that the directory /usr/bin/php is already listed in the open_basedir setting set by ISPCP. This directory doesn't exists on my CentOS system, so I checked another server of mine running with ubuntu. There I saw that the directory php is existing but no pear directory under /usr/share. The directory /usr/share/php on Debian/Ubuntu systems contains the same stuff as the /usr/share/pear one on CentOS/RedHat systems. So I made a link named /usr/share/php pointing to my pear directory. This way I don't have to alter the way ISPCP works. To make it short: CentOS/RedHat users have to do a
$ ln -s /usr/share/pear /usr/share/php
on their server and change_sqlpass will immediately work.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2008 12:52 PM by quci.)
07-13-2008 12:09 PM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Which version did you use? I've just seen that the pear directory has its own config value in "ispcp.conf" and the generated php.ini will use whatever this conf file says. In the lastest trunk, the default is "/usr/share/pear" for centos systems....
07-13-2008 04:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quci Offline

kilburn Wrote:Which version did you use? I've just seen that the pear directory has its own config value in "ispcp.conf" and the generated php.ini will use whatever this conf file says. In the lastest trunk, the default is "/usr/share/pear" for centos systems....

I installed ispCP Omega 1.0.0 RC5 on CentOS 4.4

PEAR_DIR is in fact set to /usr/share/php in configs/redhat/ispcp.conf. But in configs/centos/ispcp.conf PEAR_DIR is set to the correct value of /usr/share/pear. I read in docs/CentOS/INSTALL that the CentOS specific files are for CentOS 5 so i use the config for RedHat beacause CentOS 4.x uses the same packets like RedHat EL4 but it seems that there are some minor differences or PEAR_DIR is incorrectly set in configs/redhat/ispcp.conf.

What ever is the cause, it's working fine since I created the symbolic link from /usr/share/php to /usr/share/pear.
08-13-2008 06:53 AM