Current time: 05-16-2024, 05:19 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 servers with postfix problems
obey Offline

2 servers with postfix problems
hi,
first of all, this is some kind of crossposting. I asked for help in the german corner before, so this is just a translated version of that post:

i got 2 postfix problems:

1. its about a centOS rhel5 server. after the difficult installation of rc4 i got an error at the webmailer, that the mail couldn't be sent, cause of the missing smtp service. i checked that and port 25 wasn't open. postfix wasn't even able to start. so i changed the daemon_directory and the program_directory in the main.cf. this helped at least to start the postfix service. if i tried to send a message over the webmailer it ran and loaded and loaded and loaded... and then said: message has not been sent. Without any further explanations. The error.log told me:
Code:
[Wed Jul 09 09:57:20 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] script not found or unable to stat: /usr/lib/cgi-bin, referer: http://admin1.interfrog.de/client/webtools.php
so i read a post which said: use the packages from thatfleminggent, otherwise postfix will be broken. I downloaded and installed them, but now i'm not even able to log into the webmailer again:
Code:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

any ideas to get this running again?

my 2nd prob:
on a debian etch server the installation hasn't been such a pain in the a**, everything works fine, except sending mails over a client. webmail works, mails get delievered locally and remote....only the client asks me again and again for my password. The mail.log says:
Code:
Jul  9 13:11:19 obey postfix/smtpd[7181]: warning: SASL authentication failure: no secret in database
Jul  9 13:11:19 obey postfix/smtpd[7181]: warning: u2-61.dsl.vianetworks.de[194.231.192.61]: SASL CRAM-MD5 authentication failed: authentication failure
Jul  9 13:11:19 obey postfix/smtpd[7181]: warning: SASL authentication failure: Password verification failed
Jul  9 13:11:19 obey postfix/smtpd[7181]: warning: u2-61.dsl.vianetworks.de[194.231.192.61]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed: authentication failure
Jul  9 13:11:19 obey postfix/smtpd[7181]: warning: u2-61.dsl.vianetworks.de[194.231.192.61]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: authentication failure

I know there are a lot of posts with similar issues in the forum, but none of the solutions worked. Sad
at least the
Quote:authentication failure: no secret in database
seems kind of strange. if you need any configs or more informations, plz feel free to contact me.

i would appreciate any idea or any help.

greets obey!
07-14-2008 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
obey Offline

RE: 2 servers with postfix problems
1. server: solved! see post http://www.isp-control.net/forum/package...-3639.html

2. server still the same problem... Sad

- i checked smtp not to run in chroot (master.cf)
- i tried every solution i found on the board
- got a lot of coffee and cigarettes....

nothing worked......

what is kind of strange is the fact, postfix is trying to fetch the user data from the mysqldb-table. (auxprob sql)! i checked that one, and there is no database syscp. has anyone got a few sample configs? i would really like to compare the following files to reference files from a debian etch system:

/etc/courier/authmysqlrc
/etc/courier/authdaemonrc
/etc/postfix/main.cf
/etc/postfix/master.cf
/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf

if there are any other relevant files, i didn't mention, i would appreciate a short note.

thx in advance!
07-18-2008 04:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply