Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:08 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

issue with RC5
brianhenson Offline

issue with RC5
Hello all, When I upgraded from RC4 to RC5 i started to get strange problems with the fcgi scripts not wanting to work. The only thing that is the log is this:
Code:
[Fri Aug 01 19:16:19 2008] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/fcgi/brianhenson.net/php5-fcgi-starter" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds
and just keeps saying it over and over and stops the webpage with error 500. Anyone know how to fix this? I am running on Debian Etch with no mods.

EDIT: I forgot to add this domain worked fine before the upgrade. And I removed and replaced it to see if it was the config. Having alot of issues since upgrade from almost perfect RC4
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2008 01:22 PM by brianhenson.)
08-02-2008 01:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lance Offline

RE: issue with RC5
brianhenson Wrote:Hello all, When I upgraded from RC4 to RC5 i started to get strange problems with the fcgi scripts not wanting to work. The only thing that is the log is this:
Code:
[Fri Aug 01 19:16:19 2008] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/fcgi/brianhenson.net/php5-fcgi-starter" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds
and just keeps saying it over and over and stops the webpage with error 500. Anyone know how to fix this? I am running on Debian Etch with no mods.

EDIT: I forgot to add this domain worked fine before the upgrade. And I removed and replaced it to see if it was the config. Having alot of issues since upgrade from almost perfect RC4

Hi brian,

did you find any solution for the problem?

Greetz
lance
08-07-2008 12:46 AM
brianhenson Offline

Lance,

I ended up working with it for over an hour and eventually I went to the ispcp debug and working with it there. The debugger readded the user and I copied the fcgi script from another domain changed the settings and chown to the user and rebooted the system and I was able to get rid of the error.

EDIT: Forgot to add I also regenerated the configs.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2008 05:58 AM by brianhenson.)
08-07-2008 05:54 AM
lance Offline

brianhenson Wrote:Lance,

I ended up working with it for over an hour and eventually I went to the ispcp debug and working with it there. The debugger readded the user and I copied the fcgi script from another domain changed the settings and chown to the user and rebooted the system and I was able to get rid of the error.

EDIT: Forgot to add I also regenerated the configs.

Ok, i will try it again.

Thanks a lot
lance
08-07-2008 05:51 PM
bashar Offline

I had the same error, after an update too, from RC5 to RC6. The problem in my case was a different ownership of /var/ww/fcgi/domain.com and /var/www/virtual/domain.com, and suexec was denying the exec of fcgi process. After I set the same owner on both directories, the problem was fixed. I hope this will help some poor souls out there Smile
10-10-2008 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply