Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:26 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update keep gui?
Ballistic509 Offline

Update keep gui?
If I update to a newer release of ispCP, will it fully overwrite my /gui/ directory? I'm making some changes in there, and if I update, I don't want to have to do it all again.
08-11-2008 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gOOvER Offline
Banned

RE: Update keep gui?
yes it will be overwritten
08-11-2008 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ballistic509 Offline

That kind of sucks. What's the best way I could go about keeping my edits even after an update? I guess I can't really back them up, because if ispCP adds a new feature, it would then overwrite that specific file, with an updated version for the new feature. Tough one.
08-11-2008 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mata Offline
French Corner Moderator
Moderators

use a template document that you then include in the confg file, all you have to redo is put the include back in the original conf file
08-11-2008 07:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

You could also download the release from svn. Apply your changes there and when a new version is released update the working copy to it: subversion will auto-merge the easy things, and let you do it for hard to do merges.

When you've corrected all conflicts, update using the normal procedure and then overwrite your modified files (svn status should tell you which files you've modified).
08-11-2008 08:13 PM