Current time: 07-04-2024, 12:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation
sci2tech Away

RE: Problem with mysql - Ubuntu at the end of the installation
bluetxxth Wrote:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/../ispcp_common_methods.pl line 754.
ERROR: External command '/usr/sbin/makeuserdb' returned '72057594037927935' status !
This was preventing the script to finish so you really did not have ispcp installed at all. Just some files that were not configured.
08-22-2008 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluetxxth Offline

sci2tech Wrote:
bluetxxth Wrote:/var/www/ispcp/engine/setup/../ispcp_common_methods.pl line 754.
ERROR: External command '/usr/sbin/makeuserdb' returned '72057594037927935' status !
This was preventing the script to finish so you really did not have ispcp installed at all. Just some files that were not configured.

HI sci2tech,

Thank you for your answer..... I reinstalled everything following the INSTALL instructions at the end of the installation I get a message saying that the installation has completed successfully, however, I still get an error message when trying to access the control panel through my browser.

I have also have re-installed ubuntu server edition from the start. In the options I have selected to install DNS server and also LAMP server and samba. I have ispcp installed on a computer 192.168.0.10 in the var/www directory within its own container, that is in a folder called ispcp. Just out of curiosity I tested putting there a myphpadmin which is already configured and installed there and it works fine right before installing ispcp. It stops working, however, after ispcp is installed and the ip 192.168.0.10 does not resolve to anything. It takes long before I get an 500 error.

Just before the installation of ISPCP I proceeded as follows:

1) Installed and verified the following packages which are not installed if a fresh ubuntu server install is used for ISPCP (note all of this using 'aptitude install' verified using 'aptitude show package'):

libterm-readpassword-perl

libcrypt-passwdmd5-perl

libcrypt-blowfish-perl

libcrypt-cbc-perl

libmime-tools-perl

2)Installed and verified these additional packages:

bind9; courier-pop; courier-imap; courier-base; proftpd; courier-mta; libapache2-mod-fastcgi

3) a) Verified apache2 which appears to be installed. I restarted the service and even forced its reload.

b) Verified postfix it is installed and working properly

5) Verified mysql. I am able to enter, create and drop databases no problem. Take notice that I tested after the installation and the ISPCP tables existed in mysql. When I run 'show databases;' ispcp is there and when I use the databse and run 'show tables;' it returns 33 rows.

6) I updated aptitude and upgraded ubuntu before the installallation of ISPCP.

Once I run perl ispcp-setup I follow step by step the instructions. The password I choose in the options where it prompts me to choose a password, does not contain any weird character only letters and numbers without spaces.

After the installation I copy and paste the url which the log tells me to 'Please type http://admin.host.domain.net' and then I get a 'server not found' page. Besides, if I try to simply type the ip which should resolve at least to the html page I created it returns the 500 error which I mentioned earlier.

Aside of this I took a look at the apache2 error log located at /var/log/apache2 and I found this error messages:

exec: 13: /usr/bin/php5-cgi: not found

[warn] FastCGI: server "/var/www/fcgi/master/php5-fcgi-starter" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

I went to look the file php5-fcgi-starter mentioned in the error and this is what it contains:

export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=2
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=500
export PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS

exec /usr/bin/php5-cgi

#!/bin/sh

umask 022

PHPRC="/var/www/fcgi/master/php5/"

export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=2
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=500

The funny thing is that before installing ispcp what I tested to put an index.htlm file at the www folder to test if it resolved to that and it did work but it doees not after the ISPCP installation.

I also tested creating a domain with its corresponding forward and reverse looking zones exclusively on this machine but it does not work either although the domain was tested okay using 'dig mydomain.net' ....

Here is the install log:

Starting Installation...
Site 00_master.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site ispcp.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
Site 01_awstats.conf installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to enable.
* Stopping domain name service... bind Site 000-default disabled; run /et

c/init.d/apache2 reload to fully disable.

This module is already enabled!
[ OK ]
Module rewrite installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module suexec installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
* Starting domain name service... bind mod_actions needs configuration be

fore being able to work.
See the comments in /etc/apache2/mods-available/actions.conf
for details.

Module fastcgi_ispcp installed; run

/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module actions installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
grep: /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/fastcgi.load: No such file or directory
Enabling proxy as a dependency
Module fastcgi disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
Module php4 does not exist!
Module proxy installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module php5 disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
Module proxy_http installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
[ OK ]
sh: /usr/sbin/postmap: not found
sh: /usr/bin/newaliases: not found
* Stopping Courier authentication services authdaemond [ OK ]
* Stopping Courier POP3 server... [ OK ]
* Stopping Courier IMAP server... [ OK ]
* Starting Courier authentication services authdaemond [ OK ]
* Starting Courier IMAP server...

* Starting Courier POP3 server...

* Stopping ftp server proftpd A

dding system startup for /etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon ...
/etc/rc0.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc1.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc6.d/K99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc2.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc3.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc4.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
/etc/rc5.d/S99ispcp_daemon -> ../init.d/ispcp_daemon
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/ispcp_network ...
/etc/rc0.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc1.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc6.d/K99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc2.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc3.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc4.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network
/etc/rc5.d/S99ispcp_network -> ../init.d/ispcp_network

[ OK ]
[ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting ftp server proftpd

Setting GUI Permissions: * Star

ting ispCP GUI-Backend communication

Daemon ispcp_daemon [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting ispCP Network Traffic Logger ispcp_network [ OK ]
................................................................................​

................................................................................​

....................done
Setting Engine Permissions: .............done

Congratulations!

ispCP '1.0.0 RC6 OMEGA' Setup completed successfully!

Please type http://admin.host.domain.net in your browser,

xists.

Thank you so much for the help!!!

BR,

Bluetxxth

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2008 08:57 PM by bluetxxth.)
08-24-2008 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

After install you must restart bind and apache services at least. A reboot can do the trick. Check that mod_fcgid is not enabled if using fastcgi and please check/update your php version (5.2.0 is known that do not work well with fastcgi). Also if your domain (admin.host.domain.net) do not resolve locally consider adding 127.0.0.1 to resolv.conf).
Quote:sh: /usr/sbin/postmap: not found
Still missing some package. Do not know witch because I do not use Ubuntu. Check please and if you found please post here. Is postfix installed? Check INSTALL doc for your distro what are the package you need
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2008 08:54 PM by sci2tech.)
08-24-2008 08:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluetxxth Offline

sci2tech Wrote:After install you must restart bind and apache services at least. A reboot can do the trick. Check that mod_fcgid is not enabled if using fastcgi and please check/update your php version (5.2.0 is known that do not work well with fastcgi). Also if your domain (admin.host.domain.net) do not resolve locally consider adding 127.0.0.1 to resolv.conf).
Quote:sh: /usr/sbin/postmap: not found
Still missing some package.Do not know witch because I do not use Ubuntu. Check please and if you found please post here. Is postfix installed? Check INSTALL doc for your distro what are the package you need

Hi sci2tech,

I have been looking I found out what was definitely missing was php5-cgi as per the error exec:

'13: /usr/bin/php5-cgi: not found' - found at the apache error log. When I installed php5-cgi I revisited the apache2 error log and I saw that everything seemed to work:

[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] FastCGI: wrapper mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 6666)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [warn] FastCGI: server "/var/www/fcgi/master/php5-fcgi-starter" (uid 2000, gid 2000) started (pid 6667)
[Sun Aug 24 20:31:46 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Aug 24 20:40:27 2008] [notice] caught SIGWINCH, shutting down gracefully
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] FastCGI: wrapper mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/lib/apache2/suexec)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] FastCGI: process manager initialized (pid 5761)
[Sun Aug 24 20:41:37 2008] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

Postfix is installed and I restarted both the apache2 and bind9 services.
In addition to this I also proceeded adding 127.0.0.1 to resolv.conf and I made sure that php5 is updated to the latest version (currently using version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.3) and mod_fcgid is not running. I made a fresh install of unbuntu and then I reinstalled all from scratch.... I got no errors this time with the exception of a message telling me: 'Module php4 does not exist!' As I understand ispcp will use php5 on mys system instead so this should not be a problem.

Installing php5-cgi fixed the the install errors. However I am still unable to enter the control panel through the browser. Notice than although ispcp is located in its own container folder (var/www/ispcp/) if I type 192.168.0.10 which is the server where it is installed then I get this other error directly on the browser:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Database error: Not connected to default' in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/class.database.php:21 Stack trace: #0

/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/i18n.php(66): Database::getInstance() #1
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/system-message.php(49): tr('ispCP Error') #2
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-config.php(62): system_message('ERROR: The php-...') #3
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/sql.php(26): decrypt_db_password('82csBUd8So4=') #4
/var/www/ispcp/gui/include/ispcp-lib.php(54): require_once('/var/www/ispcp/...') #5
/var/www/ispcp/gui/index.php(21): require('/var/www/ispcp/...') #6 {main} thrown in /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/class.database.php on line 21

Here I paste the new install log where, as far as I can tell, there are no errors....

Starting Installation...
* Stopping domain name service... bind * Starting domain name service... bind [ OK ]
Site 000-default disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to fully disable.
mod_actions needs configuration before being able to work.
for details.
Module rewrite installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
[ OK ]
Module fastcgi_ispcp installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
Module php5 disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to fully disable.
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix * Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix * Stopping Courier authentication services authdaemond * Stopping Courier POP3 server... [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting Courier authentication services authdaemond * Starting Courier IMAP server... [ OK ]
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon ...
[ OK ]
* Starting Courier POP3 server... [ OK ]
* Stopping ftp server proftpd * Starting ftp server proftpd [ OK ]

Setting GUI Permissions: * Starting ispCP GUI-Backend communication Daemon ispcp_daemon [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting ispCP Network Traffic Logger ispcp_network [ OK ]
............... [ OK ]
.. [ OK ]
................................................................................​............
................................................................................​............
done

Congratulations!

Please type http://admin.lina.mehrlin.net in your browser,

I appreciate your help!

BR,

Bluetxxth

PS. By the way I have read this post http://isp-control.net/forum/debian-errors-t-3974.html this post is related to my problem, however I can access mysql no problem and the password works...
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 08:52 AM by bluetxxth.)
08-26-2008 08:28 AM
bluetxxth Offline

Hi There,

I finally got it working!!! I was doing something wrong and the solution was simpler than what I was expecting.

Forst of all following the INSTALL instructions textually is very important. In the beginning I got an error when I was running this command

# apt-get install $(cat ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy)

I got an error as follows:

./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy: No such file or directory

This error of course is the result of not being in the right directory when I was running the script. The script, however, can be modified to point to the right place.

In this thread someone has a similar problem:

http://www.isp-control.net/forum/install...-3893.html

If one reads the contents of that file where the script is pointing to with this command 'nano /var/www/ispcp/docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy'

The packages needed for ispcp are listed as follows.

apache2-mpm-worker
apache2
apache2.2-common
apache2-utils
awstats
bash
bind9
bzip2
courier-authdaemon
courier-base
courier-imap
courier-maildrop
courier-pop
diff
dnsutils
gcc
gzip
iptables

.... so these are the packages needed for the installation to succeed at ubuntu server. My problem was that I was trying to install all manually and blindly just by following the components which where in error and trying to fix them. These packages can be installed one by one using aptitude install with each one of them or more conveniently using this script

apt-get install $(cat ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy)

If choosing the later then one must be at the folder where the ispcp installation is contained. This can be done using this command at the shell. It should work unless the shell is configured to start in a specific directory in which case again it must be configured (the sccript) to point to the right place:

cd /var/www/ispcp

and then running the install script:

apt-get install $(cat ./docs/Ubuntu/ubuntu-packages-hardy)

And that is all....

This was essentially my problem. There may be other problems now... but as of now this thread can be closed.

Thank you and best regards,

Bluetxxth

PS: By the way a successful installation should look like this:

Starting Installation...
Site 000-default disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 reload to fully disable.
Your MPM seems to be threaded. Selecting cgid instead of cgi.
* Stopping domain name service... bind * Starting domain

name service... bind Module rewrite installed; run

/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
mod_actions needs configuration before being able to work.
for details.
Module fastcgi_ispcp installed; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to enable.
[ OK ]
Module php5 already disabled
[ OK ]
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent postfix * Starting Postfix

Mail Transport Agent postfix * Stopping Courier POP3 server...

* Stopping Courier authentication services authdaemond

[ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting Courier authentication services authdaemond [ OK ]
* Starting Courier POP3 server... * Starting Courier IMAP server...

[ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Stopping ftp server proftpd * Starting ftp

server proftpd

Setting GUI Permissions: [ OK ]
[ OK ]
* Starting ispCP Network Traffic Logger ispcp_network * Starting ispCP

GUI-Backend communication Daemon ispcp_daemon Adding system startup for

/etc/init.d/ispcp_daemon ...
[ OK ]
[ OK ]
............ [ OK ]
... [ OK ]
................................................................................​...................

................................................................................​...................

................................done

Congratulations!

Please type http://admin.host.domain.com in your browser,

Setup is now updating rkhunter:
[ Rootkit Hunter version 1.3.0 ]

Checking rkhunter data files...
Checking file mirrors.dat [ No update ]
Checking file programs_bad.dat [ No update ]
Checking file backdoorports.dat [ No update ]
Checking file suspscan.dat [ No update ]
Checking file i18n/cn [ Updated ]
Checking file i18n/en [ Updated ]
Checking file i18n/zh [ Updated ]
Checking file i18n/zhutf [ Updated ]

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2008 12:52 AM by bluetxxth.)
08-27-2008 12:49 AM