Current time: 04-19-2024, 12:05 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ispCP vs ispConfig
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

ispCP vs ispConfig
Hi Guys,

I wanted to raise discussion on the topic of ispCP and a detailed comparison with ispConfig. As you may know, they are both great control panels and both follow the open source spirit. Both of these control panels are free.

So I would like to engage in discussion to generate a comparison table between the two products. What ispCP offers that ispConfig doesn't offer?

The results of this threat will help us compile the first of many comparison tables on this site to let the users compare ispCP with other industry panels Smile
05-03-2007 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: ispCP vs ispConfig
Hi
a comparison table is of course a good point and should be startet (I discussed that already with ephigenie - but for now I'd rather spend some time on the bug fixing... - when 1.0 is released I help with the comparison)...
ispConfig is more related with plesk: the dwnloads includes the webserver and every component which is needed. You get (or won't) the updates from ispConfig for apache, for everything. This is a main difference in the philosophy - but it says nothing what features they offer :-)
I'd rather compare ispCP with SysCP they are more similar...

/Joximu
05-03-2007 04:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
snake*sl Offline

I tested both and I prefer ispCP, because of the better usibility for customers and more (better) features.
05-08-2007 05:45 AM
mata Offline
French Corner Moderator
Moderators

i dont think you should compare with something a like .. but rather with a control panel that is already there.

comparision should be done with 1 commercial 1 open source and 1 basic IMO

1 commercial: i propose H-Sphere, i use it since vhcs died. Its java but very feature rich, modular, clustering, very expandable, good API, stable but you have to pay (4,50€) for each account. Other possibility is plesk.

1 open source: i would compare it to syscp (not a lot of experience with it but it looks liek a good comparision

1 basic : vhcs off course Smile

Mata
05-09-2007 09:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

Im only familiar with cPanel (commercial), ispConfig (opensource) and ispCP. So I wanted to generate direct comparison between them. For the time being I wanted to compare ispCP and ispConfig since they are both open source. But this doesn't stop us from comparing ispCP to all the other projects later down the line.

It will help the dev team visualise where we're lacking behind and what features are driving people to use other panels. It also shows a quick overview of where we really stand compared to any given panel. It will automatically answer the question "why should I use ispCP?".
05-10-2007 10:28 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Sounds like a good idea, but - there is always a but - you have to ask the developer of all the panels if they allow to compare it on a official page of another CP Project.
05-10-2007 11:42 PM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RatS, of course you are allowed to compare products. Everybody does it, from banks, to computer software vendors to hardware vendors. Its how the world works. And yes in almost all cases this is done by the provider themself on their official websites. Surf your bank's website and look at how they compare their interest rates to rival banks.

But to directly answers your questions. Here is proof:
http://www.virtualmin.com/vs/virtualmin-vs-cpanel
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2007 06:19 AM by BioALIEN.)
05-11-2007 06:09 AM