Current time: 04-19-2024, 12:28 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Subdomain control panel
Urban Offline

Subdomain control panel
Don't know if this topic is already covered, but in future versions of ispCP, I would like to see possibility to control subdomains directly.

Im interested in following features:
* I create user for specified domain (e.g. domain.net) and that user can now login to ispCP with username and password
* User can create sub.domain.net addresses as many as I have specified when creating the account
* User can create mailaddress@domain.net (yeah domain.net, not sub.domain.net) as many as I have specified.
* User can use phpmyadmin and create own databases
* User can see awstats for own subdomains
* When creating user I can also set the harddisk space, bandwith, shell-account, etc
* Any added functionality that you can think of Wink

I think many will agree in that it would be nice to automate this process by ispcp. This comes handy, when you have one domain, and want to create many users for it. Everyone getting user.domain.net address or multiple.

What do ya think? Wink
05-03-2007 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Offline

RE: Subdomain control panel
My suggestion can be a bit misleading so im trying to clarify it.

Of course you can create a user with domain. But I'm looking for solution to create many users for one domain so that users cant delete each others subdomains, databases or mail addresses (which would of course be possible if users shared one username for domain). When creating user for certain domain, you could choose is the user like domain administrator with full priviledges and seeing all information or regular user who can only see, create, modify and delete own resources. Bandwith limits for subdomains too would be nice. This kind of behaviour would make shared hosting with one domain a lot easier than doing all by myself manually (and I think adding this feature to ispCP should be relatively easy to accomplish, but what do I know). I also think that at least for me, this feature would be most important thing in addition to whats already is planned for ispCP and I havent seen this functionality in any control panel. I hope you see my vision here, comments and discussion are appreciated Wink
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2007 03:16 AM by Urban.)
05-04-2007 02:56 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

So what You actually want is that ispCP have to be able to manage subdomain hosting for you!
05-05-2007 01:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Well lets see:

main domain: domain.net

first customer: name1.domain.net
second cust.: name2.domain.net

should work - just take "domain.net" as tld (instead of only "net") and set the Nameserver for domin.net to something like this

*.domain.net. 1D IN NS <ip of your ispcp server>

IMHO this should work...

/Joximu
05-05-2007 04:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Z4P Offline

Hmm i want this too, but i don't get it Tongue where can i set my tld?
05-21-2007 04:25 AM
Urban Offline

joximu Wrote:Well lets see:

main domain: domain.net

first customer: name1.domain.net
second cust.: name2.domain.net

should work - just take "domain.net" as tld (instead of only "net") and set the Nameserver for domin.net to something like this

*.domain.net. 1D IN NS <ip of your ispcp server>

IMHO this should work...

/Joximu

And this way customer should always have subdomain? And mail addresses would be mail@name1.domain.net? And if they make new subdomain they would be sub.name1.domain.net?

I want that users for certain domain that can choose their own subdomain under domain.net. Or some users dont need address at all. They can then create address@domain.net mailaddresses. My point is that I want this functionality in ispCP directly.

So domain.net would have site-admins and site-users. Admins to make users and admin stuff, and users to create own subdomains, databases, addresses etc.
05-27-2007 08:38 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

Hm, seems you have to create your own extension to ispcp.
Because normally the owner of domain.tld has full control what he's doing with it (all subdomains, all mail addresses (inkl. mail adresses to subdomains). So you have to make a plan: who is allowed to do what sort of operations and then you can try to integrate something like this into ispcp.
Normally a customer registers a domain name (domain1.tld or domain.co.tld whatever) and gets an account from his isp (which is using ispcp :-) and can do what he wants.
For free hosting this might be a little bit different - the domains and subdomains... I think, the easiest way is:
you play the role of a registrar to the _tld_ "domain.tld" - and everything in ispcp has at least one level more.
/J
05-27-2007 11:05 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Looks like ispCP in ispCP what you want Rolleyes
05-27-2007 11:35 PM
raphael Offline

This is just-an-other (will say JAO next time Wink) apache aliases problem (AAP) (*.domain.net pointing to domain.net) - related post.
05-28-2007 08:00 AM