Current time: 04-20-2024, 11:00 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Email Client Chooser
four2theizz0 Offline

Email Client Chooser
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if anyone can suggest an easy way to let my clients choose their email client from their control panel. I have currently installed Roundcube and Atmail in the webmail2 and webmail3 directories and they work fine along with squirrelmail.

I want to know if you guys have an easier way than "the long way around"....just ened the theory i will figure it out.

The long way being some kind of radio button form where they get to choose and save settings, then the script puts a 1,2,3 in the users table on the db under the "mail client" column then the links generated in the control panels will output the link to the corresponding page.....PLUS if a user goes to domain.com/webmail it will then forward them to their chosen client.
I can do the long way...is there any other way?

Thank you
oh ya, i do also realize I could make central links for everyone. Like mymaindomain.com/round and mymaindomain.ocm/at
just thought of that

still looking for an easy way....or waiting for the api Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2008 03:04 AM by four2theizz0.)
10-29-2008 02:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Email Client Chooser
Quote:oh ya, i do also realize I could make central links for everyone.
Make a central Site like (webmail.yourdomain.tld) and put your three links on the site.
So the User can choose the favorit. The design is your thing Wink

Greez BeNe
10-29-2008 05:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
four2theizz0 Offline

RE: Email Client Chooser
ahh ok ya that is a good idea as well
I guess I was thikning too much automation and setting their choice in stone till they change it. Just give em the choice all the time

Thanks!
10-29-2008 06:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply