Current time: 04-20-2024, 12:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HOW TO MIGRATE BETWEEN TWO ISPCP
APOCALIPSIS Offline

HOW TO MIGRATE BETWEEN TWO ISPCP
Situation:

1º server: ubuntu 8.04 server with ispcp rc 06...

2º. server, ubuntu 8.04 server with ispcp rc 07...

I followed the instructions that appear on how to... with this troubles...

a. The first server had nagios, so the second apache server was looking for the configuration for this program.... i solved it...

b. When we rsynced all the files... in the new server all the files was chowned by user ssh and group crontab... so... doesnt work mysl, i cant access to ispcp panel.... and so on...

So the question is simple... ¿how to really migrate from one server to another with identical configuration...??
12-26-2008 09:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FeG Offline
Banned

RE: HOW TO MIGRATE BETWEEN TWO ISPCP
Hi,

(12-26-2008 09:45 PM)APOCALIPSIS Wrote:  b. When we rsynced all the files... in the new server all the files was chowned by user ssh and group crontab... so... doesnt work mysl, i cant access to ispcp panel.... and so on...

I've written this HowTo and I've used it with identical configuration on both servers - it worked without problems (was ispCP RC2, but this shouldn't change too much..). The used rsync-command (rsync -av...) should keep the user and group IDs, so I don't understand what went wrong...
Can you check the rsync commands you've run... are they correct?

Greetings
FeG
12-29-2008 10:06 PM
APOCALIPSIS Offline

(12-29-2008 10:06 PM)FeG Wrote:  Hi,

(12-26-2008 09:45 PM)APOCALIPSIS Wrote:  b. When we rsynced all the files... in the new server all the files was chowned by user ssh and group crontab... so... doesnt work mysl, i cant access to ispcp panel.... and so on...

I've written this HowTo and I've used it with identical configuration on both servers - it worked without problems (was ispCP RC2, but this shouldn't change too much..). The used rsync-command (rsync -av...) should keep the user and group IDs, so I don't understand what went wrong...
Can you check the rsync commands you've run... are they correct?

Greetings
FeG

I understand... but... if the installation is new...¿how can the system assign a user and group that doesnt exist?
when i create a new domain, it create a new user... so the user doesnt exist until we create the domain...

I will try again this evening... and will say you...
12-29-2008 10:41 PM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

copy the relevant lines fom /etc/passwd, shadow, group, gshadow fro the original to the new server.
all lines with vu2xxx - hope you see what I mean...

Then you have the system users on the new server and can rsync the files...

/J
12-31-2008 08:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crocodylus Offline

I have made successfull migration from fedora 8 with ispcp rc 3 to centos 5.2 with ispcp rc7. I wrote upgrade instructions in Russian and you can find it at http://www.unihoster.com/ispcp_migration.html . If it will be helpful to anyone I can translate it in English.
01-11-2009 03:07 AM
xister Offline
Beta Team

(01-11-2009 03:07 AM)Crocodylus Wrote:  If it will be helpful to anyone I can translate it in English.

Yes, please Smile
01-11-2009 03:17 AM
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

@Crocodylus: having your translation into English will help many members of our community. We can also use it to update the HowTo in the Doc section of the site.
01-11-2009 12:08 PM
Murodese Offline

I've translated most of crocodylus' tutorial, but there's one line I'm unsure about, namely;

Quote:Скачиваем последний дистрибутив ISPCP на новый сервер и проходим все шаги инсталляции до perl ispcp-setup (пароль root на mysql на старом и новом сервере должны совпадать)

I'm not quite sure if you're saying to stop before running ispcp-setup, or to completely install the server. Execution of some of the ispcp daemons later on would suggest the latter, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the tutorial!

The (almost finished) translation is at http://squaretalent.com/ispcp_migration.php
01-13-2009 03:06 AM
APOCALIPSIS Offline

Yes... thanks... i have to migrate my server to a new openvz virtual machine (i think is useful to work with virtual machines, full backups are easier and so a full restoration is very easy to do)...
01-14-2009 08:06 PM
APOCALIPSIS Offline

(01-14-2009 08:06 PM)APOCALIPSIS Wrote:  Yes... thanks... i have to migrate my server to a new openvz virtual machine (i think is useful to work with virtual machines, full backups are easier and so a full restoration is very easy to do)...

I have some minor errors...
1º. Ubuntu dont have the -P option support into grep command...(solved with

2º."mysql> FLUSH PRIVELEGES;"... i think is FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

3º. When i execute perl ./ispcp-update... they ask me for the old ispc.conf... i have leave the dafault data... and send me the error "cant find "/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf" or similar (i dont have the exact message now)

4º. when i try to enter into administration panel it tell me: "query was empty" (i remember i have to delete one entry into one table of a database... i will search for it)
01-16-2009 07:19 PM