Current time: 04-16-2024, 06:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SSL integration with IspCP
ArcAiN6 Offline

SSL integration with IspCP
I'm not at all sure if this is possible or not, but wouldn't it be easier on the admin's if each user could create thier own SSL keys for thier sites, or upload SSL keys made elsewhere for thier sites to the server? Perhaps pull a note from plesk with it's integration of SSL key creation / use. Perhaps also an " on|off " button to enable and disable SSL to that particular site / domain / subdomain

i don't suppose it would be too difficult to attempt this task, add a ssldocs folder to the users base, when the switch is turned on, an entry for SSL is added for the domain / subdomain in question that points to the htsdocs folder, and uploaded SSL keys could be stored in the root of that subdomain's folder..

example directory structure:
Code:
example.com
|__ htdocs <---normal pages
|__keys <--- SSL keys
|__ssldocs <--- SSL pages
|__errors
|__logs
|  |
|  |__SSL
|  |  |__session_logs
|  |  |__err_logs
|  |
|  |__HTDOCS
|     |__session_logs
|     |__err_logs
|
|__phptmp
|__cgi-bin
|__backups
   |
   |__SSL
   |__HTDOCS

then just simply clone the current create domain|subdomain|site scripts edit it create SSL entries instead of normal entries...

I might be tempted to tackle this on my own. who knows.. just thout it would be a nice idea.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2007 10:07 PM by ArcAiN6.)
05-14-2007 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RE: SSL integration with IspCP
Its a nice proposal. I like the file structure.
05-14-2007 10:16 PM
ArcAiN6 Offline

i'm pretty sure you could create an ssl.conf and include it like the ispcp conf's are into apache, that would seperate the SSL confs from the normal conf's making it that much easier.

like i said, just an idea.. and i may decided to create this.. but i'll need to look though all fo the code for the entire ispcp first before i can determine if it's something i'm willing to dive into or not. it all depends on the time i feel it would take to complete this error free for all distro's supported, and if i'm able to dedicate that ammount of time to the project.
05-14-2007 11:12 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

The solution of an page to input an CA-key have been used by other, so ofcause it can be done, and very smart if You as an reseller want to sell certificates, then You can make an acount at CAcart.org and then it's smart for the user of your service, that they can input the CA-key you deliver, via the ispCP panel.
05-21-2007 08:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RatS Offline
Project Leader

you missed the point that any IP can handle only one SSL-Certificate.
05-21-2007 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MicCo Offline
Moderators

Yes, but assigning more IP is possible, right?
05-21-2007 08:25 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

of cause; but not the handling displayed - it's more complicate.
05-22-2007 06:46 AM