Current time: 04-19-2024, 02:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bandwidth Over-usage
Nomis Offline

RE: Bandwidth Over-usage
Just noticed, webmail nolonger works. Take it that IMAP is needed to run it. Is there a way to secure it...
02-16-2009 04:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nomis Offline

Could this be some one pinging the ip continually. How do I block ping requests?
02-16-2009 09:28 PM
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Nomis, looks like you need more infos about Linux, the handling about it and the services. We only build ispCP here and try to support it - but only ispCP and not question about your Server, the amount of Traffic or how you can disable pings. Please use google, Admin Forums or something for such things.

Take a look in your mail.log about the Traffic. And yes, the Webmailer use IMAP! To disable pings, take a look about ICMP Packages (http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&q=how+...che&meta=)

Greez BeNe
02-16-2009 10:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nomis Offline

Hi

Ok here's the deal its a virus or a ping bomb. It originates from the following ip 88:80.7.248 the domain address is fast-medications.net. I need to add it to the hosts deny list.

this is what I added tell me if I got it right

all fast-medications.net, .fast-medications.net

Can you tell all your members about it. 4 major networks have been hit by it in South Africa and mobile operators as well.
02-17-2009 01:30 AM
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

Nomis,

Look into installing DenyHosts. Its a software that has the ability to sync down lists of known "bad" ip's, and block all access from them. It can also do the same based on failed login attempts etc (careful here though). Anyway, i'm sure that these IP's you speak of are in there if they have been causing issues out there in the wild.

Give that a look and see what you think.

-
pGentoo
02-17-2009 02:14 PM