Current time: 04-17-2024, 01:05 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Old IP jumping in
thielmann Offline

Old IP jumping in
I'm trying to move an ispcp Installation to a new server, unfortunately my old IP always jumps in at a certain point.

This is what I do:

1) Install ispcp on Server B (same password as A)
2) Do a database dump on Server A
3) "sed" the new IP to the dump
4) Import the dump on Server B
5) Set all domains, mails, etc. to update and run the request-manager. After this, DNS is fine, but there are no apache hosts.
6) Running ispcp-update (as suggested on a few howtos I found). After this, ispcp.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled seems ok, but my old IP appears in the DNS cache files and the apache master file contains the old IP.

What am I doing wrong?
02-17-2009 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

RE: Old IP jumping in
Did you modified /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf too?
02-17-2009 05:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thielmann Offline

(02-17-2009 05:55 PM)sci2tech Wrote:  Did you modified /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf too?

Yes, I did/do that. But it's a good question, since I noticed that after running ispcp-update (to rewrite Apache's ispcp.conf) ispcp.conf is rewritten with the old IP.

So where the hell get's ispcp the old IP? :-)
02-17-2009 11:05 PM
sci2tech Away

See that I talk about other ispcp.conf Wink That why i provided a full path :/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf
02-17-2009 11:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thielmann Offline

(02-17-2009 11:13 PM)sci2tech Wrote:  See that I talk about other ispcp.conf Wink That why i provided a full path :/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf

I don't get it: which other ispcp.conf? /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf's IP entry is overwritten with the old IP. And since this IP is neither in the database, nor in the database key files, I just don't get where the new server get's the old servers IP from.
02-18-2009 12:26 AM
sci2tech Away

There 3 files named ispcp.conf:
/etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf
/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf
/etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf.

/etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf is changed ONLY during updates from RC to RC, and values are taken from a copy of old ispcp.conf. Once you modify here NOTHING will revert your modifications.
But if you change /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf you MUST also change /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf otherwise first will be overwritten by second on first time that you run engine requests. Hope this clarify a little.
02-18-2009 02:26 AM
thielmann Offline

(02-18-2009 02:26 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf is changed ONLY during updates from RC to RC

That's what I'm doing, even if I'm not "upgrading". I just found no other solution to rewrite apache's ispcp.conf other than running ispcp-update (So RC6->RC7, even though RC7 is already installed).

Quote: and values are taken from a copy of old ispcp.conf.

Which filenames are searched for the old ispcp.conf?

Quote:Once you modify here NOTHING will revert your modifications.

Well, this is what I don't understand. It does revert, I'm just not sure where to search. Does ispcp search for a ispcp.conf.old? This file does exist.

Quote:But if you change /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispcp.conf you MUST also change /etc/ispcp/apache/working/ispcp.conf otherwise first will be overwritten by second on first time that you run engine requests. Hope this clarify a little.

I already sed through /etc/apache2 and replace all values with the current IP. This does work, it's just /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf and /var/cache/bind which are show traces of the old IP.
02-18-2009 03:23 AM
sci2tech Away

To rebuild configurations files
Code:
cat <<EOF | mysql -uroot -p'YOURPASSWORD' ispcp
UPDATE mail_users SET status='toadd' where status='ok';
UPDATE domain SET domain_status = 'change' WHERE domain_status = 'ok';
UPDATE domain_aliasses SET alias_status = 'change' WHERE alias_status = 'ok';
UPDATE subdomain SET subdomain_status = 'change' WHERE subdomain_status = 'ok';
UPDATE subdomain_alias SET subdomain_alias_status = 'change' WHERE subdomain_alias_status = 'ok';
EOF
/var/www/ispcp/engine/ispcp-rqst-mngr
Nu need to update again.
Old ispcp.config can be found as /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf.old Smile
02-18-2009 03:27 AM
thielmann Offline

(02-18-2009 03:27 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  To rebuild configurations files [...]
Nu need to update again.

Tried that. It doesn't rebuild apache's ispcp.conf.
02-19-2009 11:43 AM