Current time: 04-24-2024, 08:17 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DNS problem?
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

DNS problem?
Well since i've been checking my server for poorly configured services (web server, mail, dns etc) i stumbled upon something odd:
Quote:NS list mismatch: registration authority reports that domain is hosted on the following servers: 'ns1.domain.tld; ns2.domain.tld', but DNS server ns1.domain.tld reports domain to be hosted on 'ns2.domain2.tld; ns1.domain2.tld'.
i don't know if this affects in any way the server but i thought it might just help the dev team.
03-17-2009 08:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: DNS problem?
It's not an ispcp-related thing. You just used "ns{1,2}.domain.tld" as Name Servers when registering the "domain2.tld" domain, and as the panel defaults to "ns.<domain>" your server reports that the domain is hosted on "ns{1,2}.domain2.tld".

If you really want to use "ns{1,2}.domain.tld" you should change the bind's template files (look in /etc/ispcp/bind/db_{e,master_e}.tpl) accordingly Smile
03-18-2009 06:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply