Current time: 05-27-2024, 07:31 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Replicated apache logs
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Replicated apache logs
I was checking the status of my servers when I've realized that the one currently running ispcp 1.0 had a strange, fat, apache logfile named other_vhosts_access.log.

After looking for it's origin, I've seen that it is defined in debian lenny's default /etc/apache2/apache2.conf:
Code:
# Define an access log for VirtualHosts that don't define their own logfile
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log vhost_combined

This wasn't a problem before introducing the new apache log processor because those days ispcp defined a CustomLog for each VirtualHost which effectively wipped out this directive (CustomLogs on VirtualHosts override CustomLogs on the base configuration).

After the new log processing engine tough, ispcp defines a new single log on the base configuration. Moreover, as CustomLogs on base configuration are additive, we end up having both the ispcp controlled logfiles and this "other_vhosts_access.log" file which replicates everything.

IMHO the debian's default CustomLog directive can (and should) be commented safely. Any comments or idea to let ispcp's installation take care of it?
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 07:22 PM by kilburn.)
03-25-2009 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Replicated apache logs
I upgrade from etch to lenny and there is no entry as you said Rolleyes
But i´m not sure if answerd yes to overwrite...

Greez BeNe
03-25-2009 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Replicated apache logs
I confirm that this line is included in the default "apache2.conf" of the current stable package (apache2.2-common_2.2.9-10+lenny2_i386.deb), so you must have told apt to not overwrite Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 07:44 PM by kilburn.)
03-25-2009 07:44 PM