Current time: 04-16-2024, 10:20 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Split from writters needed..
cmoboss Offline

Split from writters needed..
I have moved this as it was not even slightly on topic with the previous thread it was in. ..

Well I am not positive how continueing thru with a vhcs2solutions site would really make any sense. it takes from the fact that you folks are going to be moving things forwards under a different project name. and if that is so then vhcs2 will cease much of any development (as i am pretty sure its at that point anyways :S ) thus making any form of vhcs2 solutions... almost painfuly useless. and obsolete.

I could however use that domain name to provide you fols a place to store back ups or some sort of scripting. however i will inform you that i my vhcs2solutions is hosted on a cable line (shaw extreme internet) which provides the following services on my line..

Xtreme-I High-Speed
Maximum download speed 10 Mbps
Maximum upload speed 1 Mbps
Data transfer limit 100 GB/month

keeping in mind that i do my own web design, and assuming this would be a ftp/site connection simply for your dev team. I have no issue supplying this support to you. if i split it down to 50 gigs a month devoted to your dev team.. would this be any help? I can offer you about 20 gigs of HDD if that helps?

please let me know.

BTW if this is to be the case i would also suggest having one of your more knowledged team members take a walk thru my server and insure the security is at par.

Another solution i have, would be to offer up a dedicated server for the domain. however the line and service stats would still remain the same.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1 74G 2.0G 68G 3% /
tmpfs 94M 0 94M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda5 33G 33M 31G 1% /home

Mem: 191140k total,
Swap: 4915848k total,

I actually just finished the install of vhcs2 two nights ago. i have yet to even check if log in and all gui tools are working and etc. I can put it on a dedicated IP as well. Assuming this does not get abused.. i have no problem offering my assistance in this manner
11-25-2006 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmoboss Offline

RE: Split from writters needed..
I have just swapped the dns information, and placed vhcs2solutions.com on a dedicated server with a dedicated IP. I can not guarantee my connection will always be active as it all depends on the ISP. i have had one day of downtime in the last 9 months however. so it does not seem to be an issue Wink

xtocsea@hotmail.com if you would like to contact me and further set this up. Wink
11-25-2006 11:08 PM
cmoboss Offline

. i have had one day of downtime in the last 9 months however. so it does not seem to be an issue....

Guess i shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Had a snowstorm on saturday night. my net has been down til this morning. great!!

any verdict on this post? anyone care to take a stab at securing the server and stable install of vhcs?
12-02-2006 05:51 AM
cmoboss Offline

is there no one around? whats going on with this site... i dont see much traffic
12-15-2006 02:05 AM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

cmoboss Wrote:is there no one around? whats going on with this site... i dont see much traffic

We are here, don't worry.

"not much trafic", but a lot of development at the trunk.....
12-15-2006 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cmoboss Offline

MicCo Wrote:
cmoboss Wrote:is there no one around? whats going on with this site... i dont see much traffic

We are here, don't worry.

"not much trafic", but a lot of development at the trunk.....

Well thats definitly good to hear Wink I still got vhcs2solutions.com running and i have been adding to it as i have the time. little things here and there. Not alot of free time lately as per the season, but i am looking forward to gathering more content for the site.

As for the omega. is there a estimate on the release date? Cant wait to see this puppy in action.
12-17-2006 10:02 PM
MicCo Offline
Moderators

Quote:Well thats definitly good to hear Wink I still got vhcs2solutions.com running and i have been adding to it as i have the time. little things here and there. Not alot of free time lately as per the season, but i am looking forward to gathering more content for the site.

As for the omega. is there a estimate on the release date? Cant wait to see this puppy in action.

Nice, keep up the good work.

We are all in the same boat due to the season of the year, but I'm sure we soon will see the Omega version, and later on in the new year the first release of the ISP Control Panel, but as always plans of what one what's is not what one get, my old other (maby not the brain in the family, always said "There will always, not matter how good a plan you make, be bumps on the road"), and for once she was and have been right, so just wait in a good moode, as we all do, okay.
12-17-2006 10:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply