Current time: 05-02-2024, 01:55 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED] Slave DNS
Milligan Offline

[SOLVED] Slave DNS
Good evening Forum

First of all, let me place a big thank you for a great piece of software. I love the look of ispCP, and I love how it works. Very easy, and uses familiar software that one can handle from a shell as well if it need be.

Secondly, I'm having a slight problem. During the installation, I remember I had the option to add a slave dns. At that point, I didn't have one. Now that I am up and running, and have my slave dns going, I would like to add it.

A temp fix is adding
allow-transfer { ip; };
also-notify { ip; };
to domains I want replicated to my slave.. but I want ALL domains to replicate to my slave. I read the forumthread about the solution that involves keys etc, and I don't want that. My slave is a pdns server, and using keys would be a big hassle. All I want to do is notify all changes to a specific slave ip.

How can I do this?
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2009 04:27 PM by BeNe.)
04-15-2009 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Slave DNS
Quote:Secondly, I'm having a slight problem. During the installation, I remember I had the option to add a slave dns. At that point, I didn't have one. Now that I am up and running, and have my slave dns going, I would like to add it.
You can set it in the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf.
Later you should regenerate your Configs (See Docu)

Greez BeNe
04-15-2009 03:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milligan Offline

(04-15-2009 03:42 PM)BeNe Wrote:  
Quote:Secondly, I'm having a slight problem. During the installation, I remember I had the option to add a slave dns. At that point, I didn't have one. Now that I am up and running, and have my slave dns going, I would like to add it.
You can set it in the /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf.
Later you should regenerate your Configs (See Docu)

Greez BeNe

Thanks - That did the job.

To anyone else that might have the same problem, the documentation for regenerating the config files can be found here:
Regenerate Config

The setting you need to change in /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf is called "SLAVE_DNS = ", and you just set it to the IP of your slave server.
04-15-2009 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

Correct! Wink
Thanks for your short instruction how to solve this Problem.

Greez BeNe
04-15-2009 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply