Current time: 04-20-2024, 04:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Change IP
geeklandhosting.com Offline

Change IP
Ok I have looked through this site and have yet to find what I am looking for. I have a server, it is working great and I have a lot of users. Because they are updating infrastructure at my network center, I will be issued a new IP. I need to know how to change this on my system without causing too many problems.
04-16-2009 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: Change IP
You can add you new domain as Admin in the ispCP GUI.
Then give the new domain the resellers.

Greez BeNe
04-16-2009 06:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geeklandhosting.com Offline

Ok so I added the new hostname and IP address, the only problem is when I try to delete the old one it says that I have resellers assigned to that address, so I tried to change the reseller to be on the new address/hostname. I said it couldn't because I had clients that were using that address. So I assigned both of them to the reseller, thinking i could just go into the user or reseller and change the client assignment. I could not find this option. I am at a loss. There has got to be a better way, I have a few resellers and a lot of users, this would be really time consuming.
Thanks in advance for any help...

JCannon
04-17-2009 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

You can also try to change your IP in the ispDB and /etc/ispcp/ispcp.conf directly and the regenerate the configs --> http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...ate_config

Greez BeNe
04-17-2009 04:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply